The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Official Bournemouth University 2021 applicant chat

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Bournemoth University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Manooka

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Bournemoth University for 2021!

Hey!
I’m thinking of applying for the Ecology & Wildlife Conservation Bcs! Bournemouth’s probably my 1st/2nd choice along with Exeter, still deciding. I’m doing Geography, Bio and Chem at A level and hoping to go into the conservation industry in the future.
Happy I found this! Thanks
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Bournemouth, but do you think I am wasting an option applying here, given I don't do 3 A-Levels?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.

Emma :smile:
Reply 3
I am Tom, 35

I have applied for Mental Health Nursing and I am currently studying an 'access course' (Science).

I sent the application off yesterday and I am overjoyed to have gotten that out of the way!

Would love to hear from other mental health nursing applicants or anyone else for that matter!

be good to yourselves everyone.. and have fun.
Reply 4
Hey, I'm applying for Physiotherapy Bsc 2021, currently studying A Levels in PE, Biology and Geography. I sent my application last week - definitely a huge weight off my shoulders!
Original post by emma.x13
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Bournemouth, but do you think I am wasting an option applying here, given I don't do 3 A-Levels?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.

Emma :smile:

Hi Emma,

My name is Tia and I study Communication and Media at Bournemouth.

At Bournemouth we accept a lot of qualifications other than A Levels, you can have a look at some of the ones accepted on the course page under entry requirements (https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/bsc-hons-psychology). If you don't see yours you can contact our helpful Future Students Enquiry Team to ask if we accept it, you can find how to contact them in that same section. It might also be having a look at the UCAS tariff calculator to see where you are roughly. We do also now offer a foundation year for psychology that requires less tariff points but will then let you advance onto the 3 or 4 year course if you pass.

If you have any questions about anything I've mentioned just let me know:smile: Tia
Original post by burleys
Hey!
I’m thinking of applying for the Ecology & Wildlife Conservation Bcs! Bournemouth’s probably my 1st/2nd choice along with Exeter, still deciding. I’m doing Geography, Bio and Chem at A level and hoping to go into the conservation industry in the future.
Happy I found this! Thanks

Hey, the south coast is certainly an amazing choice to study conservation. Specifically you should take a look at Hengistbury Head, Brownsea Island and Stour Valley - There are way more conservation areas but these are just some of my personal favourites around Bournemouth.
Original post by tfpm80
I am Tom, 35

I have applied for Mental Health Nursing and I am currently studying an 'access course' (Science).

I sent the application off yesterday and I am overjoyed to have gotten that out of the way!

Would love to hear from other mental health nursing applicants or anyone else for that matter!

be good to yourselves everyone.. and have fun.

I studied an access course and finished my BSc Nutrition earlier this year. I hated the access course at the time (haha) but looking back it played a massive part in me graduating with first class honours. Well done on getting your application sent off, fingers crossed you hear back soon.
Original post by eroper
Hey, I'm applying for Physiotherapy Bsc 2021, currently studying A Levels in PE, Biology and Geography. I sent my application last week - definitely a huge weight off my shoulders!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I remember sending the application off, so stressful. I hope you don't have too long to wait. Pretty sure physio is an interview course so practice doing lots of interviews in the meantime, some with typical questions and some with case scenarios where you can only help one person given a choice of two. Also, if you have friends who might need an interview try to do some group interviews as practicing how to come across in a group setting could also be really key.

Good luck everyone, I'm sure you'll smash it :-)
hi!

i just received a conditional offer for Bournemouth :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by baby.bear
hi!

I got one as well 2 weeks ago for physiotherapy! What course?
Original post by eroper

International hospitality and tourism management x
Original post by baby.bear
hi!

Original post by eroper

Yay! Congratulations on the offers, are you both waiting on others? Let me know if you have any questions about what it's like studying at BU. Fingers crossed it'll be back to normal by September!
Reply 11
Original post by nutristudentbu
Yay! Congratulations on the offers, are you both waiting on others? Let me know if you have any questions about what it's like studying at BU. Fingers crossed it'll be back to normal by September!

Yes Bournemouth is my only offer so far, still waiting on Southampton Cardiff Nottingham and Birmingham for a response. What accommodation do you recommend? especially for a healthcare student as I believe I’ll be studying at the new gateway building
Original post by nutristudentbu

thank you so much! I’ve received 4 so just waiting on the fifth! i have no questions at the moment but I’ll definitely ask you if I think of any :smile:
Original post by Manooka

Hi there everyone,
I have applied to do adult nursing at BU and I currently study psychology, spanish, bio and chem!
Anyone else applying for the same course?
Hi, im Louise and im hoping to get accepted at bounemouth uni for 2021 but haven't heard much yet, my course is law. Im from derby and will be moving to the area are you all from around bournemouth?
Original post by xlouisebowler
Hi, im Louise and im hoping to get accepted at bounemouth uni for 2021 but haven't heard much yet, my course is law. Im from derby and will be moving to the area are you all from around bournemouth?

no I live 3 hours away haha!
Hi! I've just accepted my offer from Bournemouth but I can't seem to log into the accommodation portal. Does anyone else have issues with this too? Am I just trying to access it too early?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by EmmaSchug1
Hi! I've just accepted my offer from Bournemouth but I can't seem to log into the accommodation portal. Does anyone else have issues with this too? Am I just trying to access it too early?

I think you're just a bit early because i swear it opens around may time idk but ik that it doesnt open till feb
Original post by student4953
I think you're just a bit early because i swear it opens around may time idk but ik that it doesnt open till feb

I think I came to that conclusion too. The first stage will be open soon but the finale booking isn’t until March. Some unis are open right now though so that’s where my confusion came from x
Original post by EmmaSchug1
I think I came to that conclusion too. The first stage will be open soon but the finale booking isn’t until March. Some unis are open right now though so that’s where my confusion came from x

ooohh ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending