The Student Room Group

Referencing a photo in my EPQ

Does anyone have any tips for referencing a photo from the internet for the front cover of my EPQ?
I am using the Harvard method of referencing all the way through so far.

Thank you! x
Reply 1
I'm not sure how difference it is for putting a picture on the reference but for mine I added a small description of the picture under and then put where the picture and the year e.g. Picture of acne on forehead (NHS, 2020). Then put the full reference in the reference list.
Try using the website CiteMeThis, I am doing an EPQ and it's really helpful ...
Original post by Flors
I'm not sure how difference it is for putting a picture on the reference but for mine I added a small description of the picture under and then put where the picture and the year e.g. Picture of acne on forehead (NHS, 2020). Then put the full reference in the reference list.

Thank you ! :smile:
Original post by Coralie M
Try using the website CiteMeThis, I am doing an EPQ and it's really helpful ...

Thanks, I'll check that out! Best of luck with your EPQ :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Alpacalover1
Thanks, I'll check that out! Best of luck with your EPQ :smile:

If you have anymore questions about EPQ just ask. I've just finished my whole project, I used Harvard referencing and used My Bib for referencing for my EPQ.
Reply 6
Original post by Imraj Barring
Hi, how did you structure your essay if you don't mind me asking?

Hey, my topic was scientific (idk if it will change how you format). I started with my introduction (why I'm doing the epq, what I hope to acheive etc). Then literature review (review of books and videos I used - how credible...), methodology (Primary/secondary research - why were they important). The actual essay ( I don't really know how to word this part). Then I talked in more depth about my primary research before concluding. All my references were next and then my appendicies which contain my interview transcripts and ethics sheet since my interview participant was under 18.

Hope this helps! Ask any more questions! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Imraj Barring
Thanks, my topic is also scientific (Robotic Surgery) however I am unsure of how I can structure the literature review since I have used 30+ references?

I used a lot of references too but my literature review was still fine (I think I had at least 6 pages worth of references if not more?). I picked 2 sources that I used the most, which were books. Then analysed those first in quite a bit of detail. Then broke down my literature into web articles, medical journals and videos and analysed all of those. Specific examples which I thought were useful to include in my analyse of each and why I used each format of resource. I think my whole literature review was about a page and a half. It's not meant to be super long!
Got an A* in my EPQ, thanks for all the advice everyone!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending