The Student Room Group

Non molestation order

If someone I have an order against, kept texted me , can I call the police on them??

Scroll to see replies

Well that is the whole point of the order...
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
Well that is the whole point of the order...

Yeah but she isn’t sending my threatening messages, do you think there’s a chance it will affect her criminal record?
Original post by 04MR17
Thread moved to advice on everyday issues :smile:

It’s on an everyday issue, can you move it to a crime forum or something? Since this is a crime
Original post by Moonlight rain
It’s on an everyday issue, can you move it to a crime forum or something? Since this is a crime
TSR does not have a forum for legal advice. Only for advice on how to become a lawyer or get a law degree.

The TSR community are not trained to give legal advice and if you need such: you are best getting in touch with your solicitor.

TSR has plenty of advice forums for academic purposes, university related questions and careers advice. This forum is for advice on any life related matter that doesn't fit into those other categories.

I hope this helps.
If you have more questions, these need to be posted in Ask the Community Staff.
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah but she isn’t sending my threatening messages, do you think there’s a chance it will affect her criminal record?

So what if it does. If This person is legally not allowed to contact or be near you, then they’re breaking the rules and you need to report them else they’ll keep doing it
Yes, you can report to the police.
Breaching the terms of a non-molestation order is a serious criminal offence that carries a maximum possible sentence of 5 years imprisonment.

Violent parents & domestic abusing exes often breach NMOs as a form of psycholigical warfare.
The crime is intended to terrify the survivor of their abuse and feed the perpertrators sadism by asserting their feelings of power again over the one person who has chosen to put their foot down to end the cycle of abuse.
Reply 8
i would read through this website and specifically under the heading Enforcing a non-molestation order: two options.

https://rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-information/violence-against-women-and-international-law/domestic-violence-injunctions/#A%20non-molestation%20order

it says:
Breaching a non-molestation order is a criminal offence that can be taken to the criminal court. The criminal courts have a range of sentencing options available to them. The maximum sentence is 5 years imprisonment and a fine. For information about criminal proceedings see our legal guide Reporting an Offence to the Police: A Guide to Criminal Proceedings.

you should probably also contact the organisation as well as they may be able to advise. :hugs:

https://rightsofwomen.org.uk/contact-us/
Original post by Anonymous
So what if it does. If This person is legally not allowed to contact or be near you, then they’re breaking the rules and you need to report them else they’ll keep doing it

Original post by londonmyst
Breaching the terms of a non-molestation order is a serious criminal offence that carries a maximum possible sentence of 5 years imprisonment.

Violent parents & domestic abusing exes often breach NMOs as a form of psycholigical warfare.
The crime is intended to terrify the survivor of their abuse and feed the perpertrators sadism by asserting their feelings of power again over the one person who has chosen to put their foot down to end the cycle of abuse.

Original post by Joleee
i would read through this website and specifically under the heading Enforcing a non-molestation order: two options.

https://rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-information/violence-against-women-and-international-law/domestic-violence-injunctions/#A%20non-molestation%20order

it says:
Breaching a non-molestation order is a criminal offence that can be taken to the criminal court. The criminal courts have a range of sentencing options available to them. The maximum sentence is 5 years imprisonment and a fine. For information about criminal proceedings see our legal guide Reporting an Offence to the Police: A Guide to Criminal Proceedings.

you should probably also contact the organisation as well as they may be able to advise. :hugs:

https://rightsofwomen.org.uk/contact-us/

Thank you guys I have reported her and I hope she gets severely punished

My sister keeps harassing me, she’s committing a crime over and over again and I told the police last night and they’re saying they’re gonna investigate but she did it again today.
The thing is, I don’t want to change my number, it’s connected to so many things. Why aren’t the police doing anything? I have evidence
My sister keeps harassing me, she’s committing a crime over and over again and I told the police last night and they’re saying they’re gonna investigate but she did it again today.
The thing is, I don’t want to change my number, it’s connected to so many things. Why aren’t the police doing anything? I have evidence

The police tend to have a lot fewer people working over the Christmas to NY break.
Most investigations during this time tend to move very slowly and will go back to normal speeds in early January.
Keep filing police reports for every new breach, attach copies of the proof with your reports and keep a record of all the police reference numbers.

Can you get a new sim & cheap phone to use for most of your everyday calls and texts?
Keeping the old phone switched off most of the day, calls diverted to voicemail and only switched on when you need it for online banking access or other emergencies.

I'm having vicious bull directed at my online messaging services, to the point that I'll be shutting two down at the end of this year.
Quite a few of the crime survivors I'm looking after over the festive period have experienced similar problems with unwanted callers to their mobiles and been bombarded with unnerving messages. One hate crime survivor is having a terrible time.
The police tend to have a lot fewer people working over the Christmas to NY break.
Most investigations during this time tend to move very slowly and will go back to normal speeds in early January.
Keep filing police reports for every new breach, attach copies of the proof with your reports and keep a record of all the police reference numbers.

Can you get a new sim & cheap phone to use for most of your everyday calls and texts?
Keeping the old phone switched off most of the day, calls diverted to voicemail and only switched on when you need it for online banking access or other emergencies.

I'm having vicious bull directed at my online messaging services, to the point that I'll be shutting two down at the end of this year.
Quite a few of the crime survivors I'm looking after over the festive period have experienced similar problems with unwanted callers to their mobiles and been bombarded with unnerving messages. One hate crime survivor is having a terrible time.

I don’t want to miss important emails and calls though.

I guess my best bet is wait for the police cause it’s Christmas now so I will wait for them to punish her. I don’t feel like she should get away from acting like she’s above the law. She never got punished for physically and emotionally abusing me for 20 years so she has to get punished now.

Oh you work for domestic violence victims? Didn’t know that. It’s truly annoying
I don’t want to miss important emails and calls though.

I guess my best bet is wait for the police cause it’s Christmas now so I will wait for them to punish her. I don’t feel like she should get away from acting like she’s above the law. She never got punished for physically and emotionally abusing me for 20 years so she has to get punished now.

Oh you work for domestic violence victims? Didn’t know that. It’s truly annoying

Your health, safety and self esteem have to come first. :smile:
I'll never understand why some criminals are willing to gamble on receiving very harsh punishments for repeatedly breaching non-molestation orders.
If you can get a second sim and phone, it will come in helpful.

Over the years I've volunteered for a variety of charities & grassroots groups helping traumatised crime & abuse survivors rebuild their lives.
Domestic violence, forced marriage, honour abuse, all type of sexual assault survivors and a variety of hate crime survivors.
I try to focus on the survivors with the highest level of needs where rape or honour abuse are the main issues but quite often a history of domestic violence is also a relevant factor.
Sadly, the numbers of desperate people in need of drastic assistance are constantly increasing.
Although its a good thing that so many survivors are breaking the cycle and speaking out.
(edited 3 years ago)

Can you not just block her?
Original post by black tea

I blocked her first when she texted me yesterday and since then, she has texted me again on 5 different numbers. Every time I block her, she texts me on a diff number.
I blocked her first when she texted me yesterday and since then, she has texted me again on 5 different numbers. Every time I block her, she texts me on a diff number.

She clearly has too much spare time on her hands... I hope the police get this sorted soon.

Those determined to flout non-molestation orders plan in advance and know to try to circumvent screened number lists & social media blocks.
They usually call, message and social media post from a variety of dupe accounts or payg sims sometimes witholding a few of their outgoing sim card numbers.
(edited 3 years ago)
Y

She clearly has too much spare time on her hands... I hope the police get this sorted soon.

Prsom :smile:
Those determined to flout non-molestation orders plan in advance and know to try to circumvent screened number lists & social media blocks.
They usually call, message and social media post from a variety of dupe accounts or payg sims sometimes witholding a few of their outgoing sim card numbers.

Yeah it must be cause my sister was texting me from a new number within 2 minutes of being blocked on another number

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending