The Student Room Group

She left me

Ughhh, she broke up with me. I feel terrible. I feel like ****.

She said relationship isn't working out anymore. I tried to convince her to get back with me the next day of the breakup and she still insisted she doesn't see it working out. I didn't do anything wrong anyway. I treated her like a queen, we just didn't communicate as much at the end of our relationship.

I still really like her. I don't know what to think or do anymore. My heart is broken💔

How could she leave me easily like that? Why didn't she fight for us? Did I mean nothing to her? I have so many questions in my head you can't imagine!!!

I need help here. What's the next step? 😏
Is it possible for her to change her mind?
If not, how do I move on? I think about her all the fking time!!
Reply 1
I'm sorry, I do know just how you feel and I suspect I have just as many questions in mine in a similar vein. She won't come back, you just need to get your head down and keep plodding on until it gets less painful. Find something to plan for the future and try to concentrate on that. (I lie at wake planning building a new house so try to avoid all those thoughts)
maybe she lost interest
either way its her loss
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm in the same boat my gf just texted me to say it was over today I feel so broken
Original post by Anonymous

She said relationship isn't working out anymore. I tried to convince her to get back with me the next day of the breakup and she still insisted she doesn't see it working out. I didn't do anything wrong anyway. I treated her like a queen, we just didn't communicate as much at the end of our relationship.

I still really like her. I don't know what to think or do anymore. My heart is broken💔

How could she leave me easily like that? Why didn't she fight for us? Did I mean nothing to her? I have so many questions in my head you can't imagine!!!

NO dont try to change her mind. if she wants to end it then its over. if u keep trying to go back to her ur gonna seem so desperate and shell just get annoyed with u and start to hate u.
youll find someone else. just dont bother her anymore.
and this 'shes the one' mindset is complete bs. things dont work out get over it. Youll find someone else.
look for someone right away if u need someone that bad.
BUT pls for the love of god dont try to get her back coz my ex tried that with me after i told him to leave me tf alone and i had to keep threatening to call the police on him coz he got super annoying and obssessive. now he creeps me out and im scared of him. do u rlly want ur ex to be scared of u? No. so leave her alone and move tf on MF.
Reply 5

are u my ex?? where u from??

Move on maybe she prefers bad boys

It will get better. That I can promise you. At the moment you will want her back and keep thinking of her because it's so raw and fresh. But think- why would you want someone who doesn't want you? You deserve more than that and honestly, after this, would you take her back not really knowing what she's thinking? You deserve someone who you know will stick around and choose you.
Reply 9
She lost interest.

What a lot of guys don't realise, or refuse to realise, is that people lose interest over time.

There is nothing else you can do other than cutting contact.
Reply 10
Sorry to hear that, mate. I can totally understand what you might be going through, but I think it would be a terrible idea to "convince" someone to be in a relationship with yourself. To be honest, it would be best not to get back together even if she changes her mind in the near future. You deserve someone who wants to be with you, not someone who you need to convince to not leave.

There could be so many reasons why someone might not want to be in a relationship with you, and a lot of the time, it could have nothing to do with you as a person. Sometimes people just "feel" things are not right and act on it. I'm sure you must have taken some decisions following a similar line of thought.

It's normal to have questions and ask for a rational explanation for such events but it's never worth the effort. Sometimes a rational explanation doesn't exist at all but even when it does, it's unlikely that you'll see it in the same light and therefore it would most likely start an argument than give you closure.

"What are the next steps?" Well, I'm glad you're keeping an open mind and looking for suggestions. In my opinion, you could do the following:
1. Accept that it's over and realise that you both got a lot to learn from this experience. Realise that sometimes people are just not compatible and one of you sensed it before the other.

2. Be grateful that this experience changed you as a person and now that it has run its time, you should look for other experiences that would help you develop as a person.

3. Get off the relationship wagon for a while. Do not think about getting into a new relationship (or getting back with your ex) unless you feel like you're neither mad about the events that happened in your previous relationship, nor are you looking for any answers regarding your previous breakup. This will take time, allow it. Do something else in the meantime, maybe a hobby or hitting the gym would help.

4. When you've come to terms with your situation and you are no longer expecting your ex to get back to you, open up to some friends you trust. Tell them how you are trying to move forward with your life and be open to their suggestions because chances are, they will have some.

This text turned out to be longer than I expected, sorry about it. I hope it helps though. Apologies if anything comes off as a bit offensive or condescending, no attempt was made to make it sound like that. This is my take on your situation, someone might have a completely different opinion so take from it what makes sense to you and bin the rest. It's important to try ideas out and see what works best for you.

On a final thought, I think it's best to treat your girlfriend just like you would treat your girl best friend. Nothing wrong with making her feel like a queen a couple of times a year but it's uncomfortable to be treated like that on a daily basis. I hope this makes sense.

HEY you sound exactly like my ex, where you from???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending