The Student Room Group

Why are some girls hypocrites when it comes to dating preferences?

Like the title says, why are some girls hypocrites when it comes to dating preferences? By this I mean that some girls will say that they wont date a guy who's shorter than them and others will say that they wont date a guy who's height is less than 6 foot and some will say that they wont date a guy with a small you know what but then proceed to be angry when a guy doesnt date a girl because of her weight or because her booty and tits are too small.

In my opinion these two things are in the same category when it comes to dating as if a girl is right to not date a guy who's shorter than them/under 6 foot/small penis size then a guy should be right aswell to not date a girl who's got small breasts/bum or is too big and vice versa.

Anyways what do you think about it? Do you also think it's the same sort of preferences when it comes to dating, or do you think a guys height and penis size should be considered differently to a girls weight, breast size and bum size.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They're insecure.
Guys and girls have their own double standards. Bringing up one’s is ignoring the other.
*shrug* I prefer women that don't grow beards.
Original post by StriderHort
*shrug* I prefer women that don't grow beards.

😞 😢
Original post by YaliaV123
😞 😢

Why do you have one going? :tongue:
I’ve usually found it’s the other way round. There are definitely people of both genders who have double standards, and it’s normal for people to get insecure for not fitting beauty standards/preferences. But I have seen more men arguing why their preferences are allowed and women aren’t allowed to like tall men, because they can’t control their height. I’ve seen them say that women should get surgery to fit their standards, but they can’t do anything about their height/penis.

Women tend to get insecure about these standards and just be upset about it, whereas men get insecure and rage against women. We’ve seen how incels are. Although these behaviours can be seen in both genders.

Either way it’s fine to have preferences as long as you don’t shame anyone that doesn’t fit them, or try to pressure them into fitting them.
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve usually found it’s the other way round. There are definitely people of both genders who have double standards, and it’s normal for people to get insecure for not fitting beauty standards/preferences. But I have seen more men arguing why their preferences are allowed and women aren’t allowed to like tall men, because they can’t control their height. I’ve seen them say that women should get surgery to fit their standards, but they can’t do anything about their height/penis.

Women tend to get insecure about these standards and just be upset about it, whereas men get insecure and rage against women. We’ve seen how incels are. Although these behaviours can be seen in both genders.

Either way it’s fine to have preferences as long as you don’t shame anyone that doesn’t fit them, or try to pressure them into fitting them.

Very much agree.
Original post by StriderHort
Why do you have one going? :tongue:

It’s barely visible under a face mask and it has opened up some interesting career opportunities for me 🎪

I am the opposite, on dating apps i see girls always putting their preferences, like if you don't meet this standard then dont even bother. Every girl i have talked to said they haven't seen that on a guys profile. If you say you want x,y and z then you can't complain if someone says they want something you dont have, regardless of gender
Reply 10
I not sure there is a lot of hypocrisy, pretty much everyone accepts that you can find what you find attractive attractive and date who you want
Original post by Horatio_Nelson
I am the opposite, on dating apps i see girls always putting their preferences, like if you don't meet this standard then dont even bother. Every girl i have talked to said they haven't seen that on a guys profile. If you say you want x,y and z then you can't complain if someone says they want something you dont have, regardless of gender

That’s weird, I’m bi and have never seen girls put any type of preferences in their bio. Either way there’s not much wrong with it, I think it saves people from wasting their time. Better to know beforehand rather than swiping right, talking for a while, and being led on.

I’ve found a lot of men tend to have preferences but they don’t state them, however mentally they do tend to have a checklist, especially if they’re looking for a long-term relationship. I know many girls have shared their experiences with men who have led them on and “settled” for them, but moved on once they found someone better. I’d much rather someone just be open about what they’re looking for, instead of being used for the time being. Although both genders can do this.

But yes that’s my point, everyone is allowed to have preferences. It can be upsetting knowing someone doesn’t like you based on things you can’t change, but that’s their choice, and you can move on and find someone more compatible.
Girls don't generally date overweight guys either, it's just overweight guys rarely complain about it. But your post proceeds as if women only care about height and penis size and not a guy's weight. They probably care more about his weight than anything else.
Reply 13
Original post by YaliaV123
It’s barely visible under a face mask and it has opened up some interesting career opportunities for me 🎪

yeah, I think I saw you in that thing with Zac Efron..
Reply 14
I do dislike the general fat and height shaming that goes on, there’s no need for it. But not sure if the people doing it are hypocritical, more narrow thinking or unpleasant from what I see
tbh men do the exact same thing so i dont think its an exclusively girl issue- as long as u still respect people that ur not attracted to its generally not an issue to have preferences
Reply 16
It’s only hypocritical though if they don’t have preferences themselves. I think having preference for who you want to date is normal and fine. Just not to express then as absolute truths and in an offensive way
Often it is more connected to individuals whose personalities are brimming with personal entitlement and intolerance, rather than hypocrisy or one specific biological sex.

Many girls & guys have an entitled attitude, are very demanding of others and will not tolerate hearing alternative viewpoints or the word "no".
Those types of people can't handle rejection or encountering the slightest criticism and are frequently in the habit of reacting with outrage/venomous accusations whenever they experience either.
Attraction dealbreakers, hookup & dating preferences are often very revealing in terms of an individual's personal priorities and lifestyle ambitions.
Original post by TheStarboy
Guys and girls have their own double standards. Bringing up one’s is ignoring the other.

Well I'm yet to meet a guy with double standards got dating preferences tbf but I've met plenty of women who have it

We must live in different areas then because where I live it's only been women that I've seen in person argue over their preferences for dating.

Original post by Horatio_Nelson

Exactly. From what I've seen a lot more girls do this than guys.

I know plenty of girls that say its offensive too but then stlay they only date guys over a certain height and also one who's in good shape and has big balls.

Original post by SpockAndRand
Girls don't generally date overweight guys either, it's just overweight guys rarely complain about it. But your post proceeds as if women only care about height and penis size and not a guy's weight. They probably care more about his weight than anything else.

True but tbf from what I've seen guys care more about weight than girls do but overall yeah girls care more about preferences.

Which is my point to begin with. Even at my college, many girls are out here with these deal breakers but get mad at guys with it. Of course theres guys who have it too but like I said, in person I've seen a lot more girls with it.

tbh men do the exact same thing so i dont think its an exclusively girl issue- as long as u still respect people that ur not attracted to its generally not an issue to have preferences

Women do it a lot more - at least from what I've seen. I just think generally women care a lot more about a guys height and balls size for example than a guy does about a womans boobs and bum.
Original post by Zarek
It’s only hypocritical though if they don’t have preferences themselves. I think having preference for who you want to date is normal and fine. Just not to express then as absolute truths and in an offensive way

True. I also think theres nothing wrong with having the preferences. But like I said, I have met many girls with these preferences but then get mad at guys who have it too and a perfect example of this has been at college I've heard many of them say this and even like walking to college I've heard it too.

Original post by londonmyst
Often it is more connected to individuals whose personalities are brimming with personal entitlement and intolerance, rather than hypocrisy or one specific biological sex.

Many girls & guys have an entitled attitude, are very demanding of others and will not tolerate hearing alternative viewpoints or the word "no".
Those types of people can't handle rejection or encountering the slightest criticism and are frequently in the habit of reacting with outrage/venomous accusations whenever they experience either.
Attraction dealbreakers, hookup & dating preferences are often very revealing in terms of an individual's personal priorities and lifestyle ambitions.

True but then that would mean like 80% of girls my age that I've met in my whole entire life cant handle rejection as like I said, most girls around my age that I've met wont date a guy under a certain height (usually 6 foot) and also want them to go to the gym a lot and have big balls.

Maybe its just certain areas like where I live but yeah theres been times before where after a girl says those preferences, a guy says theirs and they get angry about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending