The Student Room Group

Recieved Letter from Uni saying I have outstanding fees but SLC says they've paid?

Hi,

So, I woke up this morning to a letter from my university saying an invoice on £9250.00 is unpaid and must be paid or else I will be excluded, lose my use of IT facilities and the library, etc. I was very surprised by this and immediately phoned SLC. SLC checked, and stated they have sent the first payment and the next payment will be beginning of February and that if my uni is struggling with receiving it, they should phone the uni to SLC helpline. I phoned my uni helpline and told them and the lady on the other end wrote an inquiry on my behalf through the MyPortal, but mentioned it may take a while since they are receiving a lot of messages, which is understandable.

I find it really strange it has been paid but I still got this letter. I thought maybe there was a course code mismatch, but I think they would actually withhold the payment if there was until it got sorted out, so I'm not really sure what's happened.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if so, what happened? I don't want to get kicked off my course or anything and I've done all I can for now. I also don't want to go into too much detail, but getting stressed can make me quite ill so it would be nice to put my worries to rest.
Ugh, having had to deal with a uni about fees I can tell you they're next to useless. Mine was more complex but thank god I worked at SFE as I'm now telling them how to do their job so they don't charge me! You've always got a screenshot of your account showing it's paid. It's between SFE and the uni if there's a problem.
Original post by NeroliTenzing
Ugh, having had to deal with a uni about fees I can tell you they're next to useless. Mine was more complex but thank god I worked at SFE as I'm now telling them how to do their job so they don't charge me! You've always got a screenshot of your account showing it's paid. It's between SFE and the uni if there's a problem.

Yes, I received another warning from my uni even though the messaged me to say they made a mistake and changed it! Thankfully, it's all sorted now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending