The Student Room Group

Overpayment

HiI suspended my studies and am going back on the 15th January 2024.I was paid a payment back in October and have recently received a letter from SLC saying I was overpaid.However, they decreased my loan from over £8000 to £5000 as I am only completing 2 terms as opposed to 3- which means I am entitled to £5000 as they already decreased it.Will this be reassessed when I return?
Original post by KayleighAnn0412
HiI suspended my studies and am going back on the 15th January 2024.I was paid a payment back in October and have recently received a letter from SLC saying I was overpaid.However, they decreased my loan from over £8000 to £5000 as I am only completing 2 terms as opposed to 3- which means I am entitled to £5000 as they already decreased it.Will this be reassessed when I return?

Hi Kayleigh,

Yes, that's right - your university will send us a Change of Circumstances (COC) to let us know that you've returned to study.

We'll then reinstate your application and make sure you've been awarded the correct amount of Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Kayleigh,

Yes, that's right - your university will send us a Change of Circumstances (COC) to let us know that you've returned to study.

We'll then reinstate your application and make sure you've been awarded the correct amount of Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you for this.
So when they reassess it, they may say I wasn’t overpaid? My entitlement was already decreased by £3000 as I am entitled to 2 terms instead of the 3.
So, am I right in thinking the amount k have been paid already may not be an overpayment? As it if that’s the case, I won’t have received 2 terms worth.
I am just worried I won’t be paid in January if they are saying I have been overpaid. But my money was already decreased by £3000.
Does that make sense?
Original post by KayleighAnn0412
Thank you for this.
So when they reassess it, they may say I wasn’t overpaid? My entitlement was already decreased by £3000 as I am entitled to 2 terms instead of the 3.
So, am I right in thinking the amount k have been paid already may not be an overpayment? As it if that’s the case, I won’t have received 2 terms worth.
I am just worried I won’t be paid in January if they are saying I have been overpaid. But my money was already decreased by £3000.
Does that make sense?

Hi Kayleigh,

Once they send the resumption your funding will be reassessed in an estimated 12 working days. Regarding your query, this may indeed be correct but I would advise waiting for the 'change of circumstance' to come through from the university as this will confirm the correct amount. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending