The Student Room Group

Didn’t finish 1st year of uni but I reapplied and got funding?

Hey guys so I didn’t finish my 1st year of uni infact I barely attended due to illness but I was paid 6000 which I thought was because they knew I was going back eventually but I got a letter saying I was overpaid & I haven’t made any arrangements yet but I have re-applied for uni again & my application has been approved just waiting for uni to confirm my attendance but I’m a little worried now because my 1st payment is due in a few days and everything seems ok but I’ve been told student finance would deduct if from my entitlement but it doesn’t seem like that have… any advice please because even though it says I’m due to be paid could they try & amend my entitlement within a few days 🙈
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by nerise1234
Hey guys so I didn’t finish my 1st year of uni infact I barely attended due to illness but I was paid 6000 which I thought was because they knew I was going back eventually but I got a letter saying I was overpaid & I haven’t made any arrangements yet but I have re-applied for uni again & my application has been approved just waiting for uni to confirm my attendance but I’m a little worried now because my 1st payment is due in a few days and everything seems ok but I’ve been told student finance would deduct if from my entitlement but it doesn’t seem like that have… any advice please because even though it says I’m due to be paid could they try & amend my entitlement within a few days 🙈

Hi nerise1234,

If you have an outstanding overpayment on your account and your new application is approved with scheduled payment, the overpayment amount would automatically be deducted. Can you confirm if your entitlement letter and amounts add up to the payments shown on your account?

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Thanks for replying Clare. Yes the amount on the new entitlement letter is the same amount showing on my student finance log in. So are you saying I won’t actually get paid like it says they will deduct it because my first payment says just over 3,000 but I owe 6000 in overpayments from a previous year. I’m really worried now because when I called up they just said they was waiting on confirmation from my uni for attendance then they would release the maintenance loan. Thanks 😊
Thanks for replying Clare. Yes the amount on the new entitlement letter is the same amount showing on my student finance log in. So are you saying I won’t actually get paid like it says they will deduct it because my first payment says just over 3,000 but I owe 6000 in overpayments from a previous year. I’m really worried now because when I called up they just said they was waiting on confirmation from my uni for attendance then they would release the maintenance loan. Thanks 😊

Hi nerise1234,

The payments should already reflect the clawback. It is best to start a live chat on your account or call us, so that an adviser can look into this for you.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

0300 100 0607

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Hey
Reply 5
Thanks Clare it’s all sorted now I called up. Thanks for your time 😊
Thanks Clare it’s all sorted now I called up. Thanks for your time 😊

Thanks for letting us know. If you have any future queries then do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending