The Student Room Group

Japanese studies 2021 groupchat?

I’ve applied to do Japanese studies this year at uclan, Sheffield, Durham, oxford brookes and Manchester.
(edited 3 years ago)
I've firmed Sheffield for Japanese Studies!!
Reply 2
I’m currently choosing between Sheffield and Newcastle for Japanese studies 🙌
This is the appropriate forum to start a thread discussing Japanese or Japanese Studies degrees.

Note that linking to offsite platforms including apps like whatsapp is against the TSR terms of service. For safeguarding reasons all discussions here must remain on TSR.
Reply 4
Original post by studentlemon
I've firmed Sheffield for Japanese Studies!!

What offer did they give you? They gave me ABB but it’s a little too high for me :,)
Reply 5
Original post by Chloeadams1919
I’m currently choosing between Sheffield and Newcastle for Japanese studies 🙌

Ah I didn’t know Newcastle did Japanese studies! What offers have you gotten?
Original post by Beccaasxo
What offer did they give you? They gave me ABB but it’s a little too high for me :,)

That's the offer they gave me too, why don't you think you'll meet the offer? They wouldn't have given you it if they didn't think you could get it so you should have more faith if you really want to go! Japanese at Sheffield is usually in clearing too so there's a possibility they'll accept you onto the course if you're results are below but very close to the offer. :h:

What's your top choice uni right now?
Reply 7
I have an unconditional from Newcastle, and ABB from Sheffield, leads and Manchester - was rejected from Cambridge sadly 😂
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
That's the offer they gave me too, why don't you think you'll meet the offer? They wouldn't have given you it if they didn't think you could get it so you should have more faith if you really want to go! Japanese at Sheffield is usually in clearing too so there's a possibility they'll accept you onto the course if you're results are below but very close to the offer. :h:

What's your top choice uni right now?

My current grades are ACC but one of the grades I’m barely getting a C in, I’m wanting to get into Manchester as it’s closest but honestly I’m happy with whatever I get :smile:
Reply 9
I have an unconditional from Newcastle, and ABB from Sheffield, leads and Manchester - was rejected from Cambridge sadly 😂

Ah wow that’s great!! I heard you can get unconditional by placing some unis as your firm
My current grades are ACC but one of the grades I’m barely getting a C in, I’m wanting to get into Manchester as it’s closest but honestly I’m happy with whatever I get :smile:

I hope it all works out for you! It's nice meeting people who are looking to study Japanese, I haven't found many others so far.

I’m sure you’ll make it in don’t worry! What Alevels are you taking? I’m doing art, film studies, English combined and an EPQ.
Reply 12
I’m sure you’ll make it in don’t worry! What Alevels are you taking? I’m doing art, film studies, English combined and an EPQ.

Chem,bio, art and epq :smile:
Reply 13
I hope it all works out for you! It's nice meeting people who are looking to study Japanese, I haven't found many others so far.

We have a WhatsApp groupchat if you want to join!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending