The Student Room Group

My PBs

About 6 month ago I started to go to the gym with the task of losing weight and getting strong.

I am 18 years old, before I started I weighted 94kg and now am 81kg after dieting and am happy with my weight now. I’m 5 11 tall and would like to know how my lifts match with others.

With the equipment I got at home due to covid I can’t do some exercises so apologies for gaps in my figures.

Bench 1RM- 104.5kg - I only got my bench two weeks ago tho
Dead lift 1RM - 155kg
Squat 1RM - 130kg
Barbell curl - 45 for 8 reps doing 4 sets

I’d appreciate any comments on how I’m doing for 6 months in regard to my weight ect. Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by 26lewis26
About 6 month ago I started to go to the gym with the task of losing weight and getting strong.

I am 18 years old, before I started I weighted 94kg and now am 81kg after dieting and am happy with my weight now. I’m 5 11 tall and would like to know how my lifts match with others.

With the equipment I got at home due to covid I can’t do some exercises so apologies for gaps in my figures.

Dead lift 1RM - 155kg
Squat 1RM - 130kg

I’d appreciate any comments on how I’m doing for 6 months in regard to my weight ect. Thanks

that's quite good for 6 months, I'm 80kg and mine are bench - 95kg (I'm **** at bench), deadlift - 200kg, squat - 170kg, after like properly training about 8 months. you defo have good potential. If u ever want to know how strong u are for a lift search strength comparison charts for your weight and age.
Unless you plan to compete (and win) weight/powerlifting competitions, there's little to be gained by comparing yourself to others.

Everyone has different genetics, insertions, leverages etc. Some people bench 140kg in 6 months, some deadlift 220kg within 6 months. Others take 5 years to get to that point. I deadlifted 5 plates before I could bench 2 plates - but that's just me.

Just ensure your diet and recovery are good, and keep consistent in the gym with a sensible program. The results will come.

Since all anyone ever seems to care about is bench press though, ensure you're doing full rom with the bar touching your chest each rep if you want to be taken seriously. I'd also add a pause so you don't bounce it (also increases demand on chest, which is what you're probably trying to build with the bench), but that's just me and it's not essential.
(edited 3 years ago)
Decent numbers for a beginner particularly given you've combined it with significant weight loss.

Original post by illusionz

Since all anyone ever seems to care about is bench press though, ensure you're doing full rom with the bar touching your chest each rep if you want to be taken seriously. I'd also add a pause so you don't bounce it (also increases demand on chest, which is what you're probably trying to build with the bench), but that's just me and it's not essential.

This.

The number times I clowns half repping the bench press or treating their chest like a ****ing trampoline because their perception of their own strength exceeds reality.
been training since 2012 and my Bench is 85kg :smile:
Original post by 26lewis26

Dead lift 1RM - 155kg
Squat 1RM - 130kg

you're pretty strong ngl... keep it up G
Reply 6
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
you're pretty strong ngl... keep it up G

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest