The Student Room Group

Physician associate Msc - Hertfordshire University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The course is actually postgraduate funding,I just spoke to SFE. Apparently there is a block on the course by the university stopping students from applying for funding. In order for us applicants to apply the blocked need to be removed. I emailed the university so hopefully they can rectify this.
Reply 21
Original post by Pa2020
I will speak to sfe

Yeah I'm calling them tomorrow as well because it doesn't actually make sense. If you speak to them first pls let me know what they say x
Reply 22
The course has been added to the database and we should be able to apply tomorrow! :smile:
Hi guys I’m applying for the UOH PA course how are you guys finding it? What can I expect in the interview? Super nervous thank you x
Reply 24
Hey Chee, We haven’t been into the uni yet we’ve done teaching and exam online so far. It’s alright we are just trying to adapt to this. I would prefer if we were in class to be honest. The interview is actually quite straight forward we did like a group interview then we had individual interviews with a presentation if we passed the group interview
Thank you so much for getting back to me! Did you have to do your interview via zoom? If so was it difficult to engage worried that if they ask you something everyone will sort of jump in to respond. Was the presentation your own that you had to present?
Reply 26
The focus group you get given a scenario to discuss and they just watch and we just started discussing it make sure you introduce yourself to the other applicants it’s just a nice thing to do. listen to what they have to say and say things like “yes xyz I agree with what your saying or I think we should try this” it’s not going to be a complicated scenario, and say as much as you can like your speaking with friends.let people finish talking before adding your bit aswell. The presentation you do on your own in front of your assessors. All the interviews were on zoom :smile:
Original post by Mo_tunrayo
Heyy. Yeah I just had my interview this morning!! I was so nervous, I'm not even sure how it went. Hope to hear back from them soon though. Have you had yours? How did it go?

Hii,

I just got invited to a Teams interview for this course too at Herts and I'm absolutely terrified!!! I have to do a 5 minute presentation and then there'll be a 25min panel interview... Does that mean there's like 6 interviewers and just me? What kinda questions do they ask? I'm so so nervous!!!
Reply 28
Mayisha, calm down..You’ll be fine :smile: it should be 3 examiners and just you. The questions are complicated! You will do great 😊 good luck!
Original post by Pa2020
Mayisha, calm down..You’ll be fine :smile: it should be 3 examiners and just you. The questions are complicated! You will do great 😊 good luck!

Thanks for getting back to me! Oh gosh how complicated are they? What kinda prep do u recommend I should do?
Reply 30
Aren’t* Gosh didn’t see the typo
Reply 31
Just know why you want to be a PA, confidentiality it’s more scenarios based so there’s not that much prepping to do as you don’t know what will come up
Reply 32
I have an interview next week too, so its not a group interview? what was your presentation questions and how are you guys preparing for your panel questions?

Original post by Mayisha14
Hii,

I just got invited to a Teams interview for this course too at Herts and I'm absolutely terrified!!! I have to do a 5 minute presentation and then there'll be a 25min panel interview... Does that mean there's like 6 interviewers and just me? What kinda questions do they ask? I'm so so nervous!!!
Original post by hyr3sa
I have an interview next week too, so its not a group interview? what was your presentation questions and how are you guys preparing for your panel questions?

Hi,
Mines next Thursday and the question is about COVID and how PAs are helpful... I haven't started writing a presentation yet ive got a deadline but I have absolutely no idea how to prep for the panel questions.. I dont think its a group interview no
Reply 34
Original post by Mayisha14
Hi,
Mines next Thursday and the question is about COVID and how PAs are helpful... I haven't started writing a presentation yet ive got a deadline but I have absolutely no idea how to prep for the panel questions.. I dont think its a group interview no

I have mine on Wednesday and yeah I got the same question. I haven't started yet but going to now. I have no idea what the questions will be, so nerve-racking!!
Original post by hyr3sa
I have mine on Wednesday and yeah I got the same question. I haven't started yet but going to now. I have no idea what the questions will be, so nerve-racking!

Omg good luck!!!! Lemme know how it goes I’m so blimin nervous about it 😭
Original post by jjjyasmion
I have an interview coming up at Herts too! Good luck everyone :smile:

Hi! When did you apply if you don’t mind me asking?
I have an interview coming up at Herts too! Good luck everyone :smile:

Omg Good luck!!!
I applied back in November! I wanted to get ucas out of the way before my dissertation etc 😁

When's your interview?
Tomorrow! just doing last minute prep now and very nervous lmaoo

OMG good luck!!! Lemme know how it goes!! Mines on Thursday I'm super nervous too!

Quick Reply

Latest