The Student Room Group

Help black discharge

Hey guys ,
So I’m due on my period the next few days.
I went to the toilet this morning when I got up , whiped, and the tissue was like black/green colour .
For the last couple hours of been wiping , without going to the toilet just to see if it’s still the same and it is .
I’m not sure wether it’s blood or discharge or bodily fluid of any kind .
The colour is green/brown/black .
Is it because my body is preparing for my upcoming period or am I dying ? Please help I’m really scared , I’m 22 and never had this before .
Thanks
Hmm I don't really know what it could be..do you usually have darker coloured discharge before your period? maybe that isn't quite what you have now but a slight change? It could be a number of things I suppose but of course it's best to go to the gyno to get this checked out.
Reply 2
Original post by emmadreamer03
Hmm I don't really know what it could be..do you usually have darker coloured discharge before your period? maybe that isn't quite what you have now but a slight change? It could be a number of things I suppose but of course it's best to go to the gyno to get this checked out.

Hi ,
No Ibe never really had this before
I’m really scared
I’m reading stuff that’s saying it could be just your body flushing out old blood in preparation for my next period, and there’s other things saying it could be more serious.
Should I see if it continues and then take it from there ?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi ,
No Ibe never really had this before
I’m really scared
I’m reading stuff that’s saying it could be just your body flushing out old blood in preparation for my next period, and there’s other things saying it could be more serious.
Should I see if it continues and then take it from there ?

Yes, watch and wait and if it returns after your period contact your GP
Reply 4
Hiya,
Yellow or green discharge could be trichomonaisis however there are other symptoms to this such the discharge being thicker and chunkier then normal and even having a nasty smell.

By brown do you mean in the sense of dried blood brown? As this could simply be a sign of you starting your periods. This also follows for the black colour.

However black discharge could also be because there is something stuck in your vagina that shouldn’t be. For sample if a condom broke a small fragment may still be up there. If this is the case then other symptom would include a strange smell, discomfort in the vagina and possibly trouble peeing.

There is the chance that it could also be an STI such as gonorrhoea or chlamydia. Symptoms that may be noticed if an STI is present include pain of the pelvis or pain hen peeing.

I am in no way a medical professional and I don’t wish to scare you in anyway however I would recommend calling up your local health care professional and telling them you symptoms they should be able to help you from there. Remember not to be embarrassed they are there to judge you but to help you. Chances are it’s nothing however it’s better safe than sorry 😊

Quick Reply

Latest