The Student Room Group

I want abs now

Hi, I am a 14 year old who really wants abs fast. Im also rather fat and lazy. Can anyone give me any advice on what to do/ listen to to help?

Scroll to see replies

im 16 and i want to be more fit too and am also fat and lazy but you just gotta push through although im being quite a hypocrite right now so dont listen to me
Go get those abs mf! To be honest if you are a lazy person and you don't go to the gym, you could always do home workouts. The end result will take longer but it will be worth it. Have you checked out YouTube videos?
Gain muscle, lose fat.

Visible abs are the result of low body fat, low enough for them to be visible. Some people do not gain lots of weight in that area so they can be relatively untrained and still have visible abs.

So your goal is to lose fat and gain muscle. You can't lose fat from a certain area however, you simply lose fat and some of it is inevitably gonna be fat on your stomach area which prevent your abs from being visible.

No magic solutions. You lose fat if you're already fat through calorie restriction and exercise (whatever you enjoy doing really) and then gain muscle through resistance training, a caloric surplus and enough protein.
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm in desperate need of a workout.
I might try the Chloe Ting ones
calorie deficit bro, thats all im gonna say :wink:
Original post by Marshmallowf3
Hi, I am a 14 year old who really wants abs fast. Im also rather fat and lazy. Can anyone give me any advice on what to do/ listen to to help?

hi yes 14 year old fat and lazy that was totally me ok so even if u do a little bit every day it will help ok start with walks around ur house then maybe go running or u an stay inside ur home and so 2 pushups every day then increase it bit by bit remember its starts small then it ends big meaning
Original post by CatGentleman
Gain muscle, lose fat.

Visible abs are the result of low body fat, low enough for them to be visible. Some people do not gain lots of weight in that area so they can be relatively untrained and still have visible abs.

So your goal is to lose fat and gain muscle. You can't lose fat from a certain area however, you simply lose fat and some of it is inevitably gonna be fat on your stomach area which prevent your abs from being visible.

No magic solutions. You lose fat if you're already fat through calorie restriction and exercise (whatever you enjoy doing really) and then gain muscle through resistance training, a caloric surplus and enough protein.

what do you recommend for fat loss?
what do you recommend for fat loss?

Eating less than what you burn (you must determine this empirically - weigh yourself, count calories and see how many of them you need per day, then remove 500-1000 calories a day and you will start losing weight and therefore, fat) and doing exercise. Literally anything will do. Walking, running, swimming, etc anything that burns calories. Just not sit still I guess.

It helps if you eat high protein and lift weights while losing fat (lose less muscle mass).
Reply 9

Try this ab workout-in my 3 years of working out, this is by far the best ab workout I've ever done.
However, you have to lose fat-doing vigorous cardio that gets your heart rate preferably above 150bpm would help. And maybe try a low fat diet.
Building muscle alongside can help with toning, and help burn fat.
Do home workouts and try a low fat diet.
Original post by A_J_B

Try this ab workout-in my 3 years of working out, this is by far the best ab workout I've ever done.
However, you have to lose fat-doing vigorous cardio that gets your heart rate preferably above 150bpm would help. And maybe try a low fat diet.
Building muscle alongside can help with toning, and help burn fat.

what have you gotten from this? how long did it take?
Reply 12
what have you gotten from this? how long did it take?

Have been doing it for a few months to strengthen my core. (I now have some visible abs)
If you want instant results you will be disappointed. Getting abs is not easy
thanks all for being super helpful and not trolling! I will try all the things you have told me about!
Eating less than what you burn (you must determine this empirically - weigh yourself, count calories and see how many of them you need per day, then remove 500-1000 calories a day and you will start losing weight and therefore, fat) and doing exercise. Literally anything will do. Walking, running, swimming, etc anything that burns calories. Just not sit still I guess.

It helps if you eat high protein and lift weights while losing fat (lose less muscle mass).

what foods have high protein? Bread? Eggs? anything?
Kingpin how are you?I'm thomas williams from scotland.I'm sorry to chat you without your permission.I want to know more about you. 447760380769

low fat dairy, lean meats and fish, eggs, egg whites.
Kingpin how are you?I'm thomas williams from scotland.I'm sorry to chat you without your permission.I want to know more about you. 447760380769

Make sure to have fibre and protein to your diet like Beans, cereal, fruit, vegetables, eggs, meat and fish as that can help you lose weight and it can help you get abs when you include those into your diet. Water also helps with losing weight because it helps get rid of all the fat and toxins and is very beneficial. Exercise can also help you lose weight and get ab muscles. Exercises like doing crunches, jumping jacks, lunges, planks, side planks, situps, etc. I'd recommend that you try those workout videos in youtube because they have a lot of videos that can help you get abs within days by doing the right exercises that help work the ab area. hope this helped.😊

man said 500-1000

Quick Reply

Latest