The Student Room Group

What's it like to work in a warehouse?

Just been made redundant and thinking about new jobs and considering what it's like to work in a warehouse? I've never worked in one before but am experienced in working in retail and working in a stockroom. Just wondering because I've heard you get a lot of knob heads working in warehouses. But to me, anything has got to better than shop work at the minute! And I think it would suit me more than retail, being an introvert.
Reply 1
anyone????
Original post by Anonymous
Just been made redundant and thinking about new jobs and considering what it's like to work in a warehouse? I've never worked in one before but am experienced in working in retail and working in a stockroom. Just wondering because I've heard you get a lot of knob heads working in warehouses. But to me, anything has got to better than shop work at the minute! And I think it would suit me more than retail, being an introvert.

It's terrible isn't it.
With the growth in population there's bound to be a corresponding increase in the number of knob-heads. Perhaps you should consider carrying out a knob-head survey. You may then be able to correlate the density of knob-heads in any given area and move accordingly.

Please be sure to publish your findings - I'm sure we'd all be fascinated and with such experience you could move on to other types.

Good Luck
Reply 3
Anyone a bit less flippant????
Cold, repetitive and not very interesting.
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone a bit less flippant????

lol I see you’re struggling here

Depends on the warehouse.. if you get one of the ones where it’s 90% Romanians and feels a bit illegal then it’s probably not going to be the best of times.

Got a few mates who work at ASDA warehouse and I believe NEXT too and they say it’s not too bad.. pressure to work, meet targets and goals but apparently that keeps you busy. Likely you aren’t going to meet anyone that bright there but would be a source of income. The best place for students to work is in a student bar or a high street well known retail shop like The North Face or WHSmith as in these places you’re likely to run into other students who you can network with for the rest of your life.

So my advice would pick a good warehouse and you will be treated reasonably well if you like physical type jobs. Personally as an introvert I would suggest maybe a coffee maker job like Starbucks as the interactions there are short and easy. Big respected companies with strong values will always look good on a CV as opposed to some small independent company and will have less “********s” and ***** disobeying official procedures

good luck, send out 40 CVs and then 40 more!
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending