The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

What kind of students to KCL usually attract?

Hi,

I was wondering what kind of students Kings College London usually attract? I know that there will always be a huge mix of students at any university, and that this is often a stereotype, but I am just generally curious as I have received an offer from Kings. I know that people tend to think that "smart high-achieving students go to Oxford", "people who want to have a good time go to Bristol", or "posh people go to St. Andrews" and stuff like that. Is there any type of general student population that are associated with KCL?

Thanks!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I was wondering what kind of students Kings College London usually attract? I know that there will always be a huge mix of students at any university, and that this is often a stereotype, but I am just generally curious as I have received an offer from Kings. I know that people tend to think that "smart high-achieving students go to Oxford", "people who want to have a good time go to Bristol", or "posh people go to St. Andrews" and stuff like that. Is there any type of general student population that are associated with KCL?

Thanks!!

The only thing I’ve heard is the ones who don’t get into ucl got to kcl and that king’s people dress like they’re gonna be on the runway nothing toxic. Like Exeter or other places
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I think kcl is seen as very culturally diverse. There are sooo many societies for hobbies like baking to Spanish speaking societies or the Arab society etc. The societies are so well known that students from other London unis attend their events so they can meet people that they have things in common with. So I think kcl's main stereotype is culture! and I don't think that's a bad thing!
The only thing I’ve heard is the ones who don’t get into ucl got to kcl and that king’s people dress like they’re gonna be on the runway nothing toxic. Like Exeter or other places

I think kcl is seen as very culturally diverse. There are sooo many societies for hobbies like baking to Spanish speaking societies or the Arab society etc. The societies are so well known that students from other London unis attend their events so they can meet people that they have things in common with. So I think kcl's main stereotype is culture! and I don't think that's a bad thing!

Yup all correct. Especially about the UCL one lol
Reply 4

Oh, this doesnt sound too bad. Could be worse, haha. I do tend to overdress by habit, so maybe I will fit right in if I decide to go, hahaha

That sounds great though! Thank you :smile:
Yup all correct. Especially about the UCL one lol

Yeah, I feel like this is the one I hear the most lol. I didnt apply to UCL, I only applied to Kings because they were the only ones who offered my program, but I have talked to quite a few people who are gonna attend Kings that are UCL rejects hahah

I have seen in some other threads that people say that Kings people are pretty posh OR that they are all social activists. Are either of these stereotypes somewhat true??
Reply 5
lol at the UCL thing. Tbh I got rejected from UCL and am waiting on Kings, but Kings is actually my first choice because it seems a better program for my course. Whenever I was around the campus pre-Covid it always seemed very culturally diverse as the other person said. I think it attracts a range of people from all backgrounds tbh. One thing I like about Kings so far is that they've actually took the time to consider my application: UCL rejected me without even asking me to upload my quals, whereas so far Kings have asked me for my quals and then later my syllabus, so they're really considering me at least. I'm a mature student in my 20s, I'm not coming straight from A levels so my application is a little more complex. But for me, this is a good sign that they take into consideration all ages and backgrounds and education types and I think that would be reflected in its student population.

Quick Reply

Latest