The Student Room Group

What’s your go to quick meal at uni ?

Things you make in a rush, say before a morning lecture.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DogeTheDoggo

Hi @DogeTheDoggo,

If it's in the morning then I'll normally go for toast or porridge. If I'm feeling lazy around lunch /dinner time then I'll have a packet of ramen and jazz it up a little by adding extra seasoning, spinach, pre-cooked and seasoned chicken (like a chilli chicken) and an egg. Not the most exciting but if I need food fast then it's a good option!

Most of the time I'll plan ahead and make something like overnight oats the night before, or batch cook. If you don't do this already I'd really recommend it as it can help you save money and time during the week!

Lucy
Reply 2

cereal
if it's really rushed, then just toast or something, but if I want a meal and I'm busy, I'd boil pasta because I can do work in the meantime, then just add sauce.
Original post by hallamstudents
Hi @DogeTheDoggo,

If it's in the morning then I'll normally go for toast or porridge. If I'm feeling lazy around lunch /dinner time then I'll have a packet of ramen and jazz it up a little by adding extra seasoning, spinach, pre-cooked and seasoned chicken (like a chilli chicken) and an egg. Not the most exciting but if I need food fast then it's a good option!

Most of the time I'll plan ahead and make something like overnight oats the night before, or batch cook. If you don't do this already I'd really recommend it as it can help you save money and time during the week!

Lucy

Thanks !
I haven’t started uni yet but I’ll be going soon in September
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by parmezanne
if it's really rushed, then just toast or something, but if I want a meal and I'm busy, I'd boil pasta because I can do work in the meantime, then just add sauce.

What about if you had 20 minutes for example?
Original post by itsyahg
cereal

Say you had enough time for what you normally make, what would you have then ?
Reply 7
Say you had enough time for what you normally make, what would you have then ?

well i always have cereal for breakfast, it's not the timing
Original post by itsyahg
well i always have cereal for breakfast, it's not the timing

Ahh, cool
Original post by artful_lounger

:laugh:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 11
I always made porridge with bananas & cinnamon.
(edited 3 years ago)

Hey @DogeTheDoggo,

Hope you're well and looking forward to starting university :smile:

My go-to breakfast since I arrived in first year has been porridge! It's quick and easy to make if you use something like Quaker Oats sachets for the microwave, and you can mix it up with different toppings each day which is nice.

If we have a bit more time, my flatmate and I love to share a pack of Jus-Rol Cinnamon Swirls as well :tongue:

Whatever you have for breakfast (and lunch and dinner), I recommend meal planning to make sure you don't waste money and food!

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Sophie - Student Ambassador
Well since most of my lectures are at home, i have anything my heart desires. If i fancy pancakes or a full English breakfast i'd make it whilst tuning in.
But if I've just rolled out of bed i'd have a brioche roll or a banana (staples in my house).
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi there,

Good luck with starting University in September!

Something I would really recommend is making protein / breakfast shakes the night before, so that when you're in a rush in the morning you can get your drink and go! I like to have the Weetabix shakes when they're on offer in Asda or Tesco. But, if they are expensive then I like making my own! I like to pop in a handful of oats, a banana, milk, and a few scoops of protein - blend, and ta dah! :biggrin:

I hope that's helpful!

Ana:h:
University of Liverpool Rep.
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Good luck with starting University in September!

Something I would really recommend is making protein / breakfast shakes the night before, so that when you're in a rush in the morning you can get your drink and go! I like to have the Weetabix shakes when they're on offer in Asda or Tesco. But, if they are expensive then I like making my own! I like to pop in a handful of oats, a banana, milk, and a few scoops of protein - blend, and ta dah! :biggrin:

I hope that's helpful!

Great! Thanks for the advice!
Great! Thanks for the advice!

You're very welcome - enjoy experimenting :smile:

What about if you had 20 minutes for example?

pasta. :lol: if not, perhaps a wrap? I used to buy spinach literally by the kilo and have ham salad wraps with a packet of bbq hoola hoops :yep:
Original post by parmezanne
pasta. :lol: if not, perhaps a wrap? I used to buy spinach literally by the kilo and have ham salad wraps with a packet of bbq hoola hoops :yep:

I’ve never had Hoola hoops before, I’ll give it a go if I see any.
It’s natural that pasta and parmezanne go together. :lol: (you probably get that a lot)

Do you make fresh pasta ?
I’ll probably learn a bunch of pasta recipes since it’s fairly easy to fancy it up.
I’ve never had Hoola hoops before, I’ll give it a go if I see any.
It’s natural that pasta and parmezanne go together. :lol: (you probably get that a lot)

Do you make fresh pasta ?
I’ll probably learn a bunch of pasta recipes since it’s fairly easy to fancy it up.

yes do! they're nice. salty, but then again all crisps are. :smile:

and of course!! i don't mind :lol:

and i didn't at uni because I didn't have the right utensils but my family has a pasta machine! Me and my sibling use it to make fresh pasta and we make a nice pasta bake together :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending