The Student Room Group

If you were offered a COVID vaccine today, would you take it?

Poll

If You Were Offered A COVID Vaccine, Would You Take It?

Hey Guys;

Random thought but if you were called at 2pm today (or tomorrow if it is already gone today) and offered the vaccine, would you take it?

Personally I had my vaccine about 2 weeks ago (well, 2 weeks ago tomorrow and I'm in my 20s) and haven't had any problems with it so far whatsoever aside from a headache the night I received it. =)

And does the recent news surrounding the AZ vaccine bother you about receiving it? - Received mine because I work for the NHS and hence how I got it so early (I don’t have any underlying health conditions I know if). 🙂

EDIT:
Before anyone asks, yes this is a remake of an old thread after adding a few additional options to the poll I made earlier. =)

EDIT2:
If you’ve already had it, please select the yes option (or the option for the vaccine you’ve had, your choice). 🙂

Volunteer Note: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

After taking both doses, I would say yes mainly because there are some countries that have limited access to them and are seeing their death tolls rise exponentially and we are lucky enough to have a decent amount where everyone can at least get that first dose in
No.
I've only had one vaccine in my life and I don't intend to have more.
Yes, I care about my fellow citizens.
that feeling when theres no poll option for "I've already had it"
but I haven't had it ;(
I wouldn't mind it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349
that feeling when theres no poll option for "I've already had it"

Please select the yes option then please. Will edit the OP to request people who’ve had it. 🙂
Original post by londonmyst
No.

Which now makes you a danger to friends, family, the imuno-compromised, healthy people unlucky enough to have an immune system that over-reacts to covid (a friend of mine in that category is just learning to walk again after 11 weeks in intensive care) and little old ladies on the bus.
Reply 7
If taking the vaccine means I can travel abroad with no covid tests or 2 week quarantine , then would definitely take it.
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Which now makes you a danger to friends, family, the imuno-compromised, healthy people unlucky enough to have an immune system that over-reacts to covid (a friend of mine in that category is just learning to walk again after 11 weeks in intensive care) and little old ladies on the bus.

I live alone, drive, don't use public transport, have no contact with my biological family and most of my friends haven't had any vaccines.
I know to socially distance in public places, avoid gatherings with a large number of people and stay out of all venues where facial covering are required.
Reply 9
Original post by The squeezer
what if it meant that you will be tracked for the rest of your life.

Getting the vaccine is better than restrictions like covid tests or wearing masks or banned from international travel for so many months/years.
Already had first AZ jab and just waiting on the second.

My partner is immune compromised and other family members are in vulnerable groups, so more than happy to help them out even though I’m not especially at risk myself.

NB. Partner also works in clinical trials so well aware of what will have been required to get the vaccines to this stage.
Not taking the vaccine is the absolute pinnacle of selfishness.
Reply 12
No, too sudden. I would like at least a day to get my wits about me, I dont like needles.
Original post by Foxehh
No, too sudden. I would like at least a day to get my wits about me, I dont like needles.

You don't need to make friends with it :h:
Definitely! As soon as it is available for me, I will take the opportunity! Having used several contraceptive pills from 2016-2019, I'm aware that the risks of blood clots can be a side-effect in many varieties of 'product' shall we say... pills, vaccines etc. The global conversation about the vaccine doesn't change my opinion or scare me in any way.
Reply 15
Original post by DiddyDec
You don't need to make friends with it :h:

Lest I want to pass out, I do need to be somewhat friendly with it.
Original post by Foxehh
Lest I want to pass out, I do need to be somewhat friendly with it.

Probably make it easier if you passed out.
Already had the AZ first dose. (early 30s, minor underlying health conditions). Bad headache and stiff neck for over four weeks now. Wish I'd got the Pfizer. I'd accept a different vaccine for my second dose, but that's not currently allowed.

Given that 6 of the 19 CVT deaths were in the 30-39 group and 3 were in the 20-29 group we should also be given a choice.
Yes. The vaccines reduce transmission so unless you can't have it on medical grounds, it's quite selfish to refuse it in my opinion. To be fair, I think you should be able to give a preference for which one to have at the same time. I wouldn't refuse the AZ one but I'd preferably choose the pfizer or moderna ones.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by londonmyst
No.

anti-vax?

Latest