The Student Room Group

I'm a lesbian - ask me your questions!

i've been out if the closet for rougly 3 years, and I'm 18!
Ask away!

Scroll to see replies

Have you ever been bullied? Did you tell your parents? What do your parents think of it? (I’m straight btw) Just curious
Why r u gae?
Reply 3
Original post by Kawalas108
Have you ever been bullied? Did you tell your parents? What do your parents think of it? (I’m straight btw) Just curious

Hey!
I was never specifically tormented or bullied for it generally. I have great friends who were very accepting and also turned out to be gay too in some cases! I had an issue on a school trip when a girl I did not particularly know or care about found out, where she tried to fight me because she thought it was disgusting and wrong. It was scary at the time, but looking back it makes me laugh. Overall i've been very lucky to have been free of bullies as this is so often not the case.
My parents were quite accepting! My mum was brilliant and we make jokes about it all the time. My dad was accepting of course, bit took a little while to come around, and is still a little wary - he rarely asks me about it. I think he feels that its awkward but hopefully some day he'll have no issue!
Reply 4
Original post by V℮rsions
Why r u gae?

pahahha very funny. honestly idk but i'm chuffed i'm into girls because men (overall) suck ass.
Original post by hknzsco
pahahha very funny. honestly idk but i'm chuffed i'm into girls because men (overall) suck ass.

:dong: damn.
Do you identify yourself with a particular type of lesbian identity such as butch or femme? Do you have any piercings of hairdye? Did you come to realise you are lesbian whilst single or in a relationship?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Do you identify yourself with a particular type of lesbian identity such as butch or femme? Do you have any piercings of hairdye? Did you come to realise you are lesbian whilst I do! or in a relationship?

I do! Personally I identify as more femme than butch, but overall I don't think labels are very important in the lesbian community, as everyone has such a unique experience and with lesbianism, many people have different gender identities which don't really fit into 'butch' or 'femme' which i actually love! I have got a few piercings - ear only for just now as I live at home and my parents are quite strict with piercings. I have 5 lobe piercings and a helix altogether, but looking to get a nostril, septum and conch done asap! I have got dyed hair but I'm thinking of dying it back to my natural colour as i quite miss it :frown:
I realised I was a lesbian when I was around 14 after previously convincing myself I was bisexual. As i was so young, it gave me a chance to explore my sexuality by myself which was really important for me. It also meant I could experience queer relationships without any previous guilt which was amazing.
How do you find approaching girls to tell them you're interested in them?

What dating advice would you give to a closeted human about to start uni?
Do u date bi- girls? If so do u have probs regarding hidden xpectations?

I've met some lesbians and I like the femme style and sensuality but ime there's always been a prob coz I have master and even tho' I am very honest upfront like I wanna date u and I have an open rel it seems lesbians can be problematic. It happened twice we kinda got closer and she seemed cool and down but then began to probe about master and if I would renounce him etc. not in those words but that was the idea. I said no that's not how I roll and u know it and so those rels ended. I never wanted such a "choice" put on the table coz it wasn't a choice for me, but it seemed to become so for her.

I get it there's a diff btwn hookup sits and serious rel but I sometimes have an awkward feeling with lesbian girls even if we find each other attractive at first mtg. Just curious on ur take.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
How do you find approaching girls to tell them you're interested in them?

What dating advice would you give to a closeted human about to start uni?

Hi love <3
Personally, I think being comfortable in your self and your sexuality is the first step. If you know what you like and you are (yourself) okay with that, that confidence will radiate when you talk to girls!
Being confident and finding common interests is important. I'd say that its a bit like making female friends, just romantic. There's often an initial spark there which you both will experience. I don't have any actual advice as every relationship is different, but follow your heart and trust yourself. Everything will get much easier!
Reply 11
Original post by candydiva
Do u date bi- girls? If so do u have probs regarding hidden xpectations?

I've met some lesbians and I like the femme style and sensuality but ime there's always been a prob coz I have master and even tho' I am very honest upfront like I wanna date u and I have an open rel it seems lesbians can be problematic. It happened twice we kinda got closer and she seemed cool and down but then began to probe about master and if I would renounce him etc. not in those words but that was the idea. I said no that's not how I roll and u know it and so those rels ended. I never wanted such a "choice" put on the table coz it wasn't a choice for me, but it seemed to become so for her.

I get it there's a diff btwn hookup sits and serious rel but I sometimes have an awkward feeling with lesbian girls even if we find each other attractive at first mtg. Just curious on ur take.

Hi!
I've actually only ever dates bi girls. It isn't a preference, i've just never come across another lesbian haha.
I think in the lesbian community there is quite a lot of biphobia which is so unfortunate, as theres a stereotype that they will cheat and or will be inexperienced/are straight Of course this isn't true and i think breaking down stereotypes is so important.
I think if you meet someone who is truly good, and kind then there won't be issues. If any lesbians you meet have an issue with bi girls then you're dodging a bullet not being with them.
LOL! Yeah I get it bi- girls r easier to date and often more xpressive at least than inxperienced lesbian girls.

Reading ur reply I think I wasn't clear enuf with my Q. I wanted to know if lesbian girls can't stop thinking about more serious rel things even when they agree to casual fun with bi- girls and if this is always a prob.

ime I enjoyed meeting the lesbian girls and at first they seemed all cool with my sit. I told them upfront let's play, no drama, nothing serious I'm bi- and I have master I just want fun with u. At first everything was rlly cool the girls were into me and we met and had sex and u know even hung out at Pret for preclass latte lol! :smile: That part was rlly great. But after a month or so each of the girls began asking more Qs about my rel with master and if I was committed to him etc. They'd put things out there like "I could never be in a rel with a man" "men are awful" etc. In some cases that's true we all know it lol but as they got closer to me they seemed to find this aspect of my life problematic even though it is hardly a secret as u all know lol!

Then one of them had sex with master at her request just to try it out. tbh I was kinda into this idea too I thought she would have more fun coz master is an amazing lover and every straight and bi- girl loves it with him but she did not well not much xcept for oral lol! He had already told me this would happen he said s'thing like if she's rlly lesbian then she will react like a cold fish or a chemistry xperiment supervisor and there will be no feeling no joy etc. I think this precipitated my rethink coz after that when she began to push with stuff like "O! u r always with master" etc. I was like, yeah, prolly but this is starting to become drama for me... and candy doesn't do drama not like most of tsr lol!

I am sure my xperience can't be very universal coz it's only two girls (lesbians I mean) but the pattern was so similar it got me wondering. tbh it made me a lil' more cautious to date lesbians even when I think they r hott.
Excellent taste.
what are you having for dinner
Reply 15
Original post by candydiva
I wanted to know if lesbian girls can't stop thinking about more serious relationship things even when they agree to casual fun with bi- girls and if this is always a prob.

Oh! my bad! In my experience no. I think what you sign up for is what you sign up for, and if feelings later become involved then so be it, but I don't think they're always thinking about relationship things. It's the same as straight girls or bi girls having casual flings. Its only meant to be casual, but feelings might get involved, as with anyone.
Reply 16
Original post by FluffyAkitaBoy
Excellent taste.

what does this mean
Reply 17
Original post by looloo2134
what are you having for dinner

Think i'll make stir fry? not sure yet tbh
OK thx. So u don't believe so. tbf master told me candy u might keep it steady but she will want more from u... coz everyone does lol! :tongue:

Some of the dudes did the same thing so yeah ok.

I might put my foot back in the pool now lol!
How do u know if your bi or lesbian? Any signs or something...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending