The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University- Social Work

Hi all, anyone studying Social work with OU?
Original post by Sian1974
Hi all, anyone studying Social work with OU?

I’m not but looking to enrol for next year , are you studying this at the moment ?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I am, nearly finished my 2nd year and currently on my placement 😊
Oh brilliant , have been searching on the forums , hope you don’t mind me asking , I’m just doing my access course and wanted to get someone’s take on the you course , are you doing full or part time? How you finding the studying st home ? Sorry , hope you don’t mind me asking x
Reply 4
Original post by Ruthiej147
Oh brilliant , have been searching on the forums , hope you don’t mind me asking , I’m just doing my access course and wanted to get someone’s take on the you course , are you doing full or part time? How you finding the studying st home ? Sorry , hope you don’t mind me asking x

Of course I don’t mind you asking. I’m very lucky as I’m sponsored by my local authority as already work in social care. I would say this would be the best Avenue to get in as you need to ensure you are available to access and source the placements which are a crucial part of the degree. I would say it’s full time, as it will be completed next year but i am also still in my full time job so most of it is done in the evenings or weekends. There is a lot of work involved but I love it and Covid hasn’t had much of an impact as it’s always virtual learning apart from placements 😊
Ah thank you , so did you sign up for part time but completed in full time ? And how many days placement did you have to do ? I work for local authority but permanent nights in EDT , I’ll have to speak to them and see about placements. So you’re full time and completed the full time degree ? That’s amazing ! And like you say the studying is virtual so maybe I should have another look whether I do full or part time x
Reply 6
Original post by Ruthiej147
Ah thank you , so did you sign up for part time but completed in full time ? And how many days placement did you have to do ? I work for local authority but permanent nights in EDT , I’ll have to speak to them and see about placements. So you’re full time and completed the full time degree ? That’s amazing ! And like you say the studying is virtual so maybe I should have another look whether I do full or part time x

I think it’s classed as part time but I can’t see how as the degree will be finished the same time as if I was in a brick uni 🤷*♀️
First year you need to 10 days placement that can be already in the team you work in as you already work in social care
2nd is 70 days
3rd is 100 days

😊
That’s great , thanks for the info 😊

Quick Reply

Latest