The Student Room Group

Clearing 2023

How likely will you get into uni through clearing on results day? Advice? 2023
Depends on what course and the demand for the course :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ebyrne2036
Depends on what course and the demand for the course :smile:

social work (undergrad). Or childhood studies foundation year and then progress to social work if worse comes up worst on results day :smile:.
Original post by als2507
social work (undergrad). Or childhood studies foundation year and then progress to social work if worse comes up worst on results day :smile:.

I dont know specifically about these courses but tens of thousands get places every year in clearing. It will depend on you being flexible where you study and possibly changing course. Some courses in the medical field are very difficult to get into and top universities dont enter clearing. I dont know enough about social work but suspect if you are flexible and meet the grades there will be vacancies early on results day.
Reply 5

Thanks! That’s really helpful. Yes I’m willing to be quite flexible.
My top choice is Manchester metropolitan.

If I don’t get 120 ucas (their required amount for social work). I’ll either look at other unis in clearing. Or do a foundation year in childhood studies at Manchester (if they allow it). And then choose social work there afterwards.
Original post by als2507
Thanks! That’s really helpful. Yes I’m willing to be quite flexible.
My top choice is Manchester metropolitan.

If I don’t get 120 ucas (their required amount for social work). I’ll either look at other unis in clearing. Or do a foundation year in childhood studies at Manchester (if they allow it). And then choose social work there afterwards.

Universites often accept 1 or 2 grades below the offer so good luck.
I think as social work is quite high demand it mite b hard to get in through clearing however lots of people don’t always make the grades/ decide to go elsewhere so u mite hv a chance. (I’m
Doing social work in September also) Good luck tho!!!
Reply 9
Social Work at Bath is still accepting applications - you do not need to wait for Clearing - https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2023/social-work/

Sociology, Criminology and Social Policy are also still open.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending