The Student Room Group

Can I report a historical mental abuse by a teacher in the 70s

What do I do
What would you aim to achieve by reporting it?
Is the teacher still alive? You haven’t given us a lot of information.
Reply 3
That’s over 40 years ago. You can report it probably but I don’t see the point.
Original post by YaliaV123
Is the teacher still alive? You haven’t given us a lot of information.

I dont know if he is still alive I'm finding just doing this hard enough
Original post by black tea
What would you aim to achieve by reporting it?

So that I can look him in the eye and let him see what he did to my life. I was 6 or 7 when it started until I was 11
Original post by Leemiserable
So that I can look him in the eye and let him see what he did to my life. I was 6 or 7 when it started until I was 11

Do what you like, if he’s alive
I dont know I just want him to see what he's done to my life maybe
Original post by Bio 7
That’s over 40 years ago. You can report it probably but I don’t see the point.

Why can you not see the point ? Tell me what you would do if you were in my shoes ?
Find out of he's alive and still teaching, if so report it to the school. I'm doubt anything will come of it, but you feel its something you need to do then do it. Talking to some kind of support group will probably achieve more for you mentally though.
Reply 10
Why can you not see the point ? Tell me what you would do if you were in my shoes ?

I wouldn't dredge up the past unnecessarily. Why wait over 40 years?
Original post by 4Skin
Find out of he's alive and still teaching, if so report it to the school. I'm doubt anything will come of it, but you feel its something you need to do then do it. Talking to some kind of support group will probably achieve more for you mentally though.

Thank you for understanding I know there's probably no chance of me ever getting some closure this has been hard for me just asking for advice on here your right I should get some support and help. Thank you
You'd get a nice 'We regret you may have experienced this many decades previously before any of us worked here" letter

You're not going to get any dramatic confrontation with them, even if they're alive/still teaching (v low chance)
Original post by Bio 7
I wouldn't dredge up the past unnecessarily. Why wait over 40 years?

Are you a human ?
Reply 14
Are you a human ?

Maybe, maybe I'm an imposter.

In seriousness though I just don't see what good can come of this over 40 years later. You won't get anything from it now.
Reply 15
What do I do

Nothing. Get over it.

The man is long retired or dead, and I'm not really sure who you would even report him to so far down the line. Speaking to a councillor or therapist would probably more beneficial to you if this is still affecting you 40 years later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending