The Student Room Group

Am I being too desperate?!

I wanna get this guys attention without seeming like I am. I was going to 'accidentally' send him a WhatsApp message then delete it and say it was an accident.... perhaps that will start up a convo. Will he see past my rouse?
Original post by Anonymous
I wanna get this guys attention without seeming like I am. I was going to 'accidentally' send him a WhatsApp message then delete it and say it was an accident.... perhaps that will start up a convo. Will he see past my rouse?

It may be a relatively smart rouse, but it's kinda dumb, i'd advise you just to send him a dm introducing yourself or reacting to his story.
Reply 2
Err or you could just text him normally..? Why dont you want it to seem like you want to chat with him?
Reply 3
Original post by Foxehh
Err or you could just text him normally..? Why dont you want it to seem like you want to chat with him?

We have texted a little before but I hold back because he takes a couple of days to reply, I try to wait longer before replying but I can only last a few hours...We met online and I would wait days before replying but then we exchanged numbers and i find myself not being able to anymore. I don't want to look too keen but I want to start up a convo. but also im getting not interested vibes and I don't want to embarrass myself....... but then I wonder is he doing the same?? or is that just wishful thinking
We have texted a little before but I hold back because he takes a couple of days to reply, I try to wait longer before replying but I can only last a few hours...We met online and I would wait days before replying but then we exchanged numbers and i find myself not being able to anymore. I don't want to look too keen but I want to start up a convo. but also im getting not interested vibes and I don't want to embarrass myself....... but then I wonder is he doing the same?? or is that just wishful thinking

to be quite frank, likely the latter, unless he is a studious person and takes his exams seriously like some people Ik do, he will not wait many days to respond to a girl with whom he is interested...
Reply 5

How can you expect him to be interested in the conversation when you're purposefully taking days to reply? You're playing mind games which are messy and immature. If you want to text him, text him. As long as you're not spamming him there's no such thing as 'too keen.'
Or if you just cant strike up conversation, why do you fancy the guy in the first place... dont bother if you're incompatible.
It’s completely okay to show interest - you are interested. It’s not weird, it’s flattering :smile: You’re definitely not being too desperate - so far it probably seems like you have no interest at all in him - hence why you’re not getting much back from him either.

Making ’’avoid potential awkwardness’’ your first priority will get you nowhere, and you’ll look back in years to come and wish you’d been braver. By that point you’ll think nothing of doing the things you find difficult now and you’ll see missed opportunities.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending