The Student Room Group

Car Insurnace cancelled

If I cancelled my Insurnace policy my self do I still have to declare even tho it wasn’t the Insurnace company that done and they also didn’t have my driving license number ?
Original post by Grimmie1806
If I cancelled my Insurnace policy my self do I still have to declare even tho it wasn’t the Insurnace company that done and they also didn’t have my driving license number ?

Depends on the wording of the question being asked, but generally no, you would not be expected to declare only that you’d held and voluntarily cancelled another policy.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Depends on the wording of the question being asked, but generally no, you would not be expected to declare only that you’d held and voluntarily cancelled another policy.

It was less than 24hrs aswell and they didn’t have my driving license number and I told them I want to cancel it they did tell me there cancelling it
It was less than 24hrs aswell and they didn’t have my driving license number and I told them I want to cancel it they did tell me there cancelling it

They told you they were cancelling it at your request, or they were cancelling it and you cancelled it during the notice period?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
They told you they were cancelling it at your request, or they were cancelling it and you cancelled it during the notice period?

They cancelled it at my request because they said I have to pay more even though I had already paid the full amount
Reply 5
They cancelled it at my request because they said I have to pay more even though I had already paid the full amount

I purchased my Insurnace in full last night and added my grandad as my driver and by accident I thought it was asking me what relationship he was in so I said married but it was asking me what my relationship is to him and so they phoned me to confirm the details of my full policy and when they said that I said no can I amend that to what it actually is which is grand parent and they said that’s fine ye then we went through the rest of the quote and then at the end they said they was getting me the updated quote so I said ok wa son hold for a few minutes then they said u need to pay an additional 2.3k to continue your policy so I said I carnt pay that can I cancel and get a full refund and they said yes and had the Insurnace for the remainder of the day until midnight...
Reply 6
This type of cancellation doesn't need to be declared
As above, no need to declare.
Reply 8
As above, no need to declare.

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending