The Student Room Group

Flatmate issue

Hi I was just wondering if anyone was in a similar situation or had any advice but this year obviously was hard to meet new people so me and my closest friend at uni found 2 new people to live with next year. We have now signed the contract and stuff and 1 of them has turned out to be a really selfish, rude and horrible person. And the other 1 doesn't seem great either. I've tried to suggest the other 1 be replaced as he was last to join the group and some people are still looking for flatmates but everyone has said they're happy to just go 1 more year through this and for third year hopefully to be better. But that means 1st and 2nd year won't have been the best then. And I don't get how people are so happy/ quick to ignore red flags. Hope this isn't confusing, thanks for any advice/ responses in advance.
If the contracts are already signed, how are you suggesting the 4th person be 'replaced' now?

If you're the one with the problem before you've even moved in.... it's kind of on you to make your own arrangements rather than force someone else out imo.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I was just wondering if anyone was in a similar situation or had any advice but this year obviously was hard to meet new people so me and my closest friend at uni found 2 new people to live with next year. We have now signed the contract and stuff and 1 of them has turned out to be a really selfish, rude and horrible person. And the other 1 doesn't seem great either. I've tried to suggest the other 1 be replaced as he was last to join the group and some people are still looking for flatmates but everyone has said they're happy to just go 1 more year through this and for third year hopefully to be better. But that means 1st and 2nd year won't have been the best then. And I don't get how people are so happy/ quick to ignore red flags. Hope this isn't confusing, thanks for any advice/ responses in advance.

As StriderHort said, it's a bit late now that contracts have been signed - you either put up with them, or leave yourself (and presumably find a tenant to replace you). You can't suggest that someone else leaves if you're the one who's the most unhappy about the situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending