The Student Room Group

AS Psychology paper 2 2020 exam

Hey can anyone help me out and tell me the topics in the paper 2 2020 psychology exam, i know wundts introspection and biological approach is in it, but more help will be appreciated.Thanks :smile:
Original post by LV151
Hey can anyone help me out and tell me the topics in the paper 2 2020 psychology exam, i know wundts introspection and biological approach is in it, but more help will be appreciated.Thanks :smile:

For biopsych there is an 8 mark question asking to you outline and evaluate research into split brain. ( Sperry’s research), 16 marker on approches asking you to describe and evaluate operant conditioning. The question had an item describing a psychologist who was trying to reduce the use of plastic bottles in school. 4 marker on evaluating psychodynamic approach and a 2 mark on defence mechanisms. Research method has a 12 marker on designing your own observational experiment ( observing pupil’s social interaction- talk about ethical issues, event sampling and inter observer reliability act.) you also had to look at a table of results and analyse the results for standard deviation & mean, mode etc. There was a 4 mark on neurotransmitters and inhibition, also make sure you know the order of the psychosexual stages ( oral, anal, phallic latency and genital), and be able to say which parts of the brain are responsible for certain function such as processing colour etc ( this question had a table and you put in a letter that corresponds with the labels on the brain). There was also a research method question asking you which type of statistical test to use and it was worth 7 marks. That all for PAPER 2. Some of these questions can be found on AQA psych 2021 Assessment Materials- no MS tho. hope this helps x
Original post by yxsrarmxdn
is this for ocr

no, it's for AQA
Reply 3
Original post by yellowtaco
no, it's for AQA

Thanks you so much, however i think this is A level not AS, as We do not do bio psych amd psychodynamic is a level only.
Original post by LV151
Thanks you so much, however i think this is A level not AS, as We do not do bio psych amd psychodynamic is a level only.

oh sorry- i guess i didn't read properly
Reply 5
Original post by yellowtaco
oh sorry- i guess i didn't read properly

all good, you were kind enough to help out:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending