The Student Room Group

Aston Uni vs Coventry Uni

Hi! i have a question in regards to university courses. that being which is better with biomedical science Coventry university and Aston university in terms of graduate prospects and employability (since Aston has dual accreditation with RSB and IBMS)

plus one more being that i have to study a foundation year potentially if i was to attend Aston uni would student finance pay for this foundation year and the placement year if i was to go to Aston? (5 years compared to Coventry's four years) i did my research but it didn't bare any useful fruit haha.

would appreciate if this was answered before the offer response deadline on the 10th of June but thank you for any input! :smile:
Original post by ForwardSlash
Hi! i have a question in regards to university courses. that being which is better with biomedical science Coventry university and Aston university in terms of graduate prospects and employability (since Aston has dual accreditation with RSB and IBMS)

plus one more being that i have to study a foundation year potentially if i was to attend Aston uni would student finance pay for this foundation year and the placement year if i was to go to Aston? (5 years compared to Coventry's four years) i did my research but it didn't bare any useful fruit haha.

would appreciate if this was answered before the offer response deadline on the 10th of June but thank you for any input! :smile:

Hi there!!

First of all I’m so glad you’re considering studying at Aston!

In terms of funding you can get student finance for a foundation year and for a placement year (placement years are often around £1000 for the year)

On this course 87% of students felt lecturers were god at explaining things, 60% were satisfied with their overall course and 100% were in employment 15 months after the course.

This course is also top 15 in the UK for graduate prospects!

If you are looking at doing a placement year I would really recommend Aston due to our dedicated careers and placement team. I’m currently on my placement year and the placement team helped me every step of the way from mock interviews, reviewing cover letters, regular meetings.

I hope this has helped your decision a bit more but I’ve popped a link below where you can find out more on the course!

https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/biomedical-science-bsc-2021

- Poppy :smile:
Original post by ForwardSlash

Hello @ForwardSlash

Sorry for the late reply to your query! I am a current Biomedical Science student at Coventry University and have been super impressed with the course and University. The greatest thing I've received from Coventry is their great employability prospects that I've gained from my time here. Coventry and this course really focuses on preparing you for your career afterwards which is why their employment rates are so high after graduation here (95%!) The careers team at Coventry are also a real asset to the university, I would not have secured my placement in industry or my graduate role now without their one to one tailored support and guidance. I've had personalised meetings with the specific HLS careers team to write my CV, application forms and had mock interviews with them all in preparation which have been fantastic.

The great thing about the Coventry Group, is you can study your foundation in Biological and Chemical Sciences at our CU Coventry campus and then, once you have passed all of those modules, you can transfer to Coventry University for the BSc. Student Finance will cover your foundation year which is at a reduced cost than the BSc and another great thing about Coventry is your placement year has NO cost, so you will only require tuition fee coverage for the 4/5 years.

I hope this is useful! Is there anything specific you would like to find out about Coventry University or the course here? I'd be more than happy to help!

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hello @ForwardSlash

Sorry for the late reply to your query! I am a current Biomedical Science student at Coventry University and have been super impressed with the course and University. The greatest thing I've received from Coventry is their great employability prospects that I've gained from my time here. Coventry and this course really focuses on preparing you for your career afterwards which is why their employment rates are so high after graduation here (95%!) The careers team at Coventry are also a real asset to the university, I would not have secured my placement in industry or my graduate role now without their one to one tailored support and guidance. I've had personalised meetings with the specific HLS careers team to write my CV, application forms and had mock interviews with them all in preparation which have been fantastic.

The great thing about the Coventry Group, is you can study your foundation in Biological and Chemical Sciences at our CU Coventry campus and then, once you have passed all of those modules, you can transfer to Coventry University for the BSc. Student Finance will cover your foundation year which is at a reduced cost than the BSc and another great thing about Coventry is your placement year has NO cost, so you will only require tuition fee coverage for the 4/5 years.

I hope this is useful! Is there anything specific you would like to find out about Coventry University or the course here? I'd be more than happy to help!

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student

Thank you just one more question; cos of Covid i couldn't visit, could you tell me what are the teachers like? and are they good at teaching the content?
I am also a current student at Coventry University. I'm a student of media and communications. I've had a good time in the past few years. The course and accompanying learning materials have really impressed me. I'm also having a great time in Coventry. Coventry is a city that caters to students. Everything is available here, and the cost of living is reasonable, which has convinced me to pursue my master's degree here!

Kylie Ng
Student Ambassador
Coventry University
Reply 5
I want to know coast of Coventry university.
Original post by Thaw Zin
I want to know coast of Coventry university.

Do you mean the tuition fee at Coventry University ? or the living expense in Coventry?

Kylie Ng, Student Ambassador
MSc International Marketing Management
Coventry University
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending