The Student Room Group

Uni still haven’t responded

I applied to uni at the end of April, so a few months after the deadline. It says on track they have until July 6 to respond, which is just under 2 weeks away now. I’m getting really nervous now that they’re not going to reply to me and I’ll get rejected. Should I contact the uni admissions or just wait it out?
Contact the uni admissions that you're still waiting, but it's probably because you applied late and they respond based on first come basis, which uni is it? and what course? it might be that a lot people want to go to this uni or the course so it takes time to look over all applicants. Also if u contact your uni about the response expect that they wont reply straight away if you email them so if you call them that's better.
Original post by jasontesfaye
I applied to uni at the end of April, so a few months after the deadline. It says on track they have until July 6 to respond, which is just under 2 weeks away now. I’m getting really nervous now that they’re not going to reply to me and I’ll get rejected. Should I contact the uni admissions or just wait it out?

You can certainly follow it up with a call to make sure that you are still being considered and that they are not waiting for anything from you.

As you noted, they must reply by July 6th, (if they didn't for any reason, your application would be made unscessful by default by UCAS).

I felt the same when one of the unis that I applied to didn't get back to me. I would check the uni's deadline to get back to applicants if you are still waiting after the deadline contact the university and let them know that you are still waiting and they will search up your application and pass your info onto the head of the course you've applied for and they will try to arrange an interview. that's what happened to me.

Hi @jasontesfaye,

My advice would be to contact the admissions department of the university you're waiting for, they should be able to advise you on what stage your application is at so that you aren't worrying as you get closer to 6th July :smile:

Thanks,
^Emily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending