The Student Room Group

Dating mixed signals

Hi

I went on a date with a girl on Friday night, who I met on Tinder. It was a nice date. I travelled to her so she insisted on paying for most of my drinks and food. Which was unusual for me but in a nice way.
After I texted her to say thank you for a lovely evening. She said "there'll definitely be a second date :wink:". The conversation progressed and she said that she's going on another date with someone else the next day. I found it strange that she'd just openly say that but didn't sat anything. I suppose it's understandable to keep your options open, so to speak, in the early days.

Earlier today I asked if she's free next Sunday:

"Hey are you free next Sunday?"
"I might be busy, why?"
"That's OK if you're busy"
"Why what did you have in mind? I want to know"
"I was going to go to a gig in the evening, but I wanted to see you first. Then maybe we could go together"
"Yeah sorry I'm busy"

I don't think she's that interested personally. She would have offered an alternative if she was. Maybe her date on Saturday went better. Is it time to cut my losses?
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:

If you feel that it is time for you to end contact with her and move on- that's fine.
If you are willing to offer her a second date, where you pay for the drinks & food- that's also fine.
In the event that you invite her for a second date be very clear that it is a second date and if she isn't available or doesn't seem keen- you'll know that it is time to move on.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
If you feel that it is time for you to end contact with her and move on- that's fine.

Now that I think of it, I think it might be best to fizzle out naturally. I do think she's fun and we have things in common. I would like her to still be part of my life even just as friends. You can't force attraction or feelings, but like I think we would work well as friends and having those common interests

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending