The Student Room Group

Start uni on monday and am REALLY ill

So i start uni on monday, and I’ve been ill with a chest and throat infection for five weeks…had two courses of antibiotics and have been bedbound for the whole time basically! Haven’t even been to any freshers events so haven’t visited my campus yet, they’ve emailed us like 7 hours of prep today that needs to be done by monday and im trying my best…i don’t want to miss my first week but im really not in a good health place! got told it could have turned to sepsis yesterday had i not had another antibiotic course…i’m stressing, what should i do?
Original post by seesey
So i start uni on monday, and I’ve been ill with a chest and throat infection for five weeks…had two courses of antibiotics and have been bedbound for the whole time basically! Haven’t even been to any freshers events so haven’t visited my campus yet, they’ve emailed us like 7 hours of prep today that needs to be done by monday and im trying my best…i don’t want to miss my first week but im really not in a good health place! got told it could have turned to sepsis yesterday had i not had another antibiotic course…i’m stressing, what should i do?

Contact your university ASAP. Have you enrolled online? If so, you'll need to keep them informed. If you haven't enrolled because of your illness, you need to let them know that you still intend to attend.
Original post by seesey

Hi @seesey! Sorry to hear that you're unwell at the moment... I would suggest contacting your course leader and explaining the situation to them as it's not you're fault that you're ill and will not be able to attend university for a little bit. The first week of university is typically focussed on introductions, so you should be able to catch up alright and I'm sure some students/ friends/ course-mates would be willing to show you around campus once you're able to visit in person :smile:

I hope this is helpful and that you feel better soon!

Best wishes,

Emma
3rd year diagnostic radiography student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending