The Student Room Group

University of Lincoln A10L 2022 Entry (Nottingham at Lincoln)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by musab_101
Hi, @becausethenight, I have a good score for lincoln however, I got a 5 in English language so had to resit and got an 8. Will they accept this? I heard they do not accept resits. my top 8 gcses are 99888777 (incl. eng lang) and my ucat is 2470 band 1

Lincoln do not accept GCSE resits, I'm afraid
Reply 81
Emailed Nottingham due to academic qualifications not the stardard and the Uni advised that requirements are all met, they will consider academics as Pass and look at UCAT score only with other similar cases. They assured that looking only UCAT score will not be a disadvantage.
A score of 98/120 2650 Band 1, would be considered competitive enough for an interview?
Hi everyone,

I've counted up my score for the nottingham points system for undergraduate A100 entry 2022 and i've got a total of 108. Do i bother applying? Is Lincoln a risky choice too?
Original post by smellie24
Hi everyone,

I've counted up my score for the nottingham points system for undergraduate A100 entry 2022 and i've got a total of 108. Do i bother applying? Is Lincoln a risky choice too?

Unfortunately it’s probably unlikely you’d interview at Notts or Lincoln :frown:
Original post by LidaH
Emailed Nottingham due to academic qualifications not the stardard and the Uni advised that requirements are all met, they will consider academics as Pass and look at UCAT score only with other similar cases. They assured that looking only UCAT score will not be a disadvantage.
A score of 98/120 2650 Band 1, would be considered competitive enough for an interview?

Exact same score here, I think it could be okay for Lincoln but then again they don’t have enough space?
What we really should be asking is are we competing against other grads or school leaves/college students
Reply 85
Original post by Chironn
Exact same score here, I think it could be okay for Lincoln but then again they don’t have enough space?
What we really should be asking is are we competing against other grads or school leaves/college students

Original post by LidaH

If graduates are grouped as ‘pass’ group, do we still need to score GCSE? Or just solely ucat score here?
I got a score of 116 is that too low/risky for Lincoln? @GANFYD @becausethenight
Original post by Cheahr
If graduates are grouped as ‘pass’ group, do we still need to score GCSE? Or just solely ucat score here?

Pass group. But I really want to know if we're compared to each other as opposed to all other school leavers

there is no need to be scored on gcses if you meet the other degree/gcse requirements (min C in GCSE maths I think)
Reply 88
Original post by Jamjar987
I got a score of 116 is that too low/risky for Lincoln? @GANFYD @becausethenight

Hard to say with no historical data. I suspect it may sit right around the cut off, though there are far fewer B1 SJT around this year, which may drop it a bit
Original post by becausethenight
Unfortunately it’s probably unlikely you’d interview at Notts or Lincoln :frown:

Okay thank you
Reply 90
Nope, because I know nothing about it unfortunately :redface: @020200 may have some idea, as someone applying as a grad, or you could try and scale last years' score?

Unfortunately, I've got no real knowledge about graduates applying to medicine at Lincoln. My knowledge is only based on places I've looked at for myself (about 10-12 unis). Sorry! :smile:
Original post by 020200
Unfortunately, I've got no real knowledge about graduates applying to medicine at Lincoln. My knowledge is only based on places I've looked at for myself (about 10-12 unis). Sorry! :smile:

No worries, sorry for tagging you unnecessarily! :smile:
Hi guys is a score of 117 too risky to apply with?
Original post by binti_Lamees
Hi guys is a score of 117 too risky to apply with?

We think the cutoff could be around 118, so I would think it is risky, but it is your decision.
We think the cutoff could be around 118, so I would think it is risky, but it is your decision.

Considering i might be below the cutoff, Is manchester a safer option as we know they'd actually consider me via holistic route and not just reject me based off cutoff like lincoln?
Original post by binti_Lamees
Considering i might be below the cutoff, Is manchester a safer option as we know they'd actually consider me via holistic route and not just reject me based off cutoff like lincoln?

It depends on what the cutoff is - we’re not psychic and it could be 117, for example. I would never see Manchester’s holistic route as safe, really, it’s probably as much of a gamble as hoping the cutoff is 117 at Lincoln.
Sent my application of to my school on Monday, applied here with 127 points. Good luck everyone!!! Fingers crossed I’ll see you on interview day haha
Does anyone have any idea of Lincoln's interview to offer rate? I am trying to decide between Southampton and Linclon :|
Original post by IJaguar
Does anyone have any idea of Lincoln's interview to offer rate? I am trying to decide between Southampton and Linclon :|

It will be diffident to what it was in the years previous as the medical school gains popularity. But I’m the past few years the offer to interview ratio was very good
Original post by Lewis T K
It will be diffident to what it was in the years previous as the medical school gains popularity. But I’m the past few years the offer to interview ratio was very good

Do you have any idea of a figure please aha? Is it around 50/60/70%?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending