The Student Room Group

weight

how do i lose weight at 14?
are there any pills?
You’re fourteen years old, your body is still growing. You are the perfect weight for what you need to be right now
Reply 2
Original post by sgreen0502
You’re fourteen years old, your body is still growing. You are the perfect weight for what you need to be right now

But im quite chubby
Original post by Anonymous
But im quite chubby

its okay to be chubby. Just be happy doing stuff you like :smile:. If you still feel chubby at 18+, then hit the gym. For now, maybe joining football club should be sufficient :smile: And don't starve yourself. Your body needs food to grow and become developed!
Work on self-love, eat good stuff, and pick up some sports or something. Don't obsess over it, you're still very young and things like pills and extreme diet plans just feed off insecurity and likely failure for repeat purchase.
Are you wanting to lose weight, change your body shape or eat more healthily? :confused:
You are still growing but can control your diet and do more daily exercise.
Eat less unhealthy takeaways & snacks, learn to homecook, reduce your portion sizes, drink more water instead of soda/dairy/high sugar drinks.
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst
Are you wanting to lose weight, change your body shape or eat more healthily? :confused:
You are still growing but can control your diet and do more daily exercise.
Eat less unhealthy takeaways & snacks, learn to homecook, reduce your portion sizes, drink more water instead of soda/dairy/high sugar drinks.

I want to be slim and i have tried so many times to do diets and its so hard
Reply 7
Original post by ashtolga23
Work on self-love, eat good stuff, and pick up some sports or something. Don't obsess over it, you're still very young and things like pills and extreme diet plans just feed off insecurity and likely failure for repeat purchase.

i feel like im obssessed though
Control your diet & indulge yourself in some kind of activities.
This is gonna sound patronising but at 14 your body is still half child so you don't know how your body is going to develop. You're going through puberty so it's important to make sure your body has all the nutrition it needs. If you feel chubby, try and think about healthy eating (NOT restricting, just making sure your diet isn't total junk) and maybe finding a sport you enjoy and in time you will find a healthy weight (I'm willing to bet you already are at a healthy weight though).

The reason your diets haven't worked in the past is because diets don't work. They cause temporary weight loss but as soon as a person eats normally again the weight goes back on, sometimes even more than was there in the first place. Definitely don't use pills. Recipe for disaster.

If you're really concerned over your weight then speak to your GP, but honestly people come in all shapes and sizes and that's okay. Being skinny if your body isn't naturally that way won't look and feel as good as being healthy. Plus there are plenty of skinny girls out there who want some curves. Everyone wants what they can't have!

Quick Reply

Latest