The Student Room Group

Music Conservatoire Applicants 2022

Anyone applied to study music at a conservatoire for 2022? I couldn’t see a thread started so adding this one.
Application submitted for Leeds Conservatoire and Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

I am!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by PaddingtonB
Anyone applied to study music at a conservatoire for 2022? I couldn’t see a thread started so adding this one.
Application submitted for Leeds Conservatoire and Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. Anyone else?

hey i study at RWCMD though i am on BA2 Stage management and technical theatre student if you have any questions feel free to ask me
Original post by Nightfire1964
hey i study at RWCMD though i am on BA2 Stage management and technical theatre student if you have any questions feel free to ask me

Thanks! How has it been during covid. Is it all back to face to face teaching?
Original post by stressedmusician
I am!

Have you got an interview?
Thanks! How has it been during covid. Is it all back to face to face teaching?

so as i am a BA2 student i have kind of seen the flip of the coin from what it is like now to last year. Now with wales they followed a different covid guidelines to england. the Welsh government allowed us to carry face to face to teaching though it had to be all socially distanced 2 meters apart ect. now obviously i don't know how it went for music but they were still able to come into the practice rooms and practice as well as we did put shows on. now this academic year a lot more has opened we don't need to wear masks in rehearsal rooms though recommended to still distance from each other. the vibe though here is so lovely currently we have live music Thursdays back in the SU which is lovely for students to party and take part in. for me in my course i don't think at one-point i had an online lecture though this is a different course to what you will do face to face is still a thing we thing we do. shows haven't been interrupted whatsoever which has been really lovely.
Reply 6

I've applied to RCS for french horn performance :smile:
Original post by Nightfire1964
so as i am a BA2 student i have kind of seen the flip of the coin from what it is like now to last year. Now with wales they followed a different covid guidelines to england. the Welsh government allowed us to carry face to face to teaching though it had to be all socially distanced 2 meters apart ect. now obviously i don't know how it went for music but they were still able to come into the practice rooms and practice as well as we did put shows on. now this academic year a lot more has opened we don't need to wear masks in rehearsal rooms though recommended to still distance from each other. the vibe though here is so lovely currently we have live music Thursdays back in the SU which is lovely for students to party and take part in. for me in my course i don't think at one-point i had an online lecture though this is a different course to what you will do face to face is still a thing we thing we do. shows haven't been interrupted whatsoever which has been really lovely.

Thank you that’s really good to know
Original post by amw2003

Great, have you got an audition/interview?
Reply 9
Original post by amw2003

me too!!
Anyone applied for Popular Music at RNCM heard about auditions yet?

I'm applying for Leeds!!
Original post by lozkitty
I'm applying for Leeds!!

Have you heard anything from them yet? Online audition submitted 3 weeks ago…
Have you heard anything from them yet? Online audition submitted 3 weeks ago…

No not yet :frown: I'm trying to get in for film music composition, will let you know if anything changes!
RAM! Has anyone heard back for interviews?
Reply 15
Original post by Deariedreary
RAM! Has anyone heard back for interviews?

I was offered an online or in person department recall and an academic interview last Thursday :smile:. I'm a brass player, not sure how they make the decisions but hopefully you hear soon, good luck!
Offer from Leeds Conservatoire today :smile:
Anybody heard/ got offers from RNCM RAM AND RCM yet?

I used to go to Leeds Conservatoire...loved it! Had the best time ever there
Anyone get any news from RCS/RAM?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending