The Student Room Group

SSE Graduate Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I applied to the commercial graduate scheme and have been offered an interview - it took about a week for me to hear back between online tests and being offered an interview.
Original post by cotter117
Ok, so I've applied for the engineering scheme. I completed all the tests and only got to Q8 of the numerical one. Was definitely the hardest test I've done. Since then I've now heard back that I have passed and have been invited to a video interview. Two others in my year haven't heard back yet so I'm not sure what is happening with them. I received an email to the interview last Thursday.

Yeah the test was absolutely brutal. I was the same, the quiz timed out just as I was moving from Q8 to Q9. Can't actually believe I got offered an interview.

Having done the interview, does anyone know the time-frame for assessment centers? Are they staged before or after Xmas? Any idea of when we'll hear if we've been successful with the VI's?

Anyway, good luck everyone :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
I had my interview yesterday for SSE Thermal. Four questions asked, 3mins to think about your answer and 4mins to answer the questions.* why SSE thermal, what you seek to obtain from the role* 3 energy challenges of facing SSE thermal * two competency based questions on safety and initiative
Original post by Squire1998
Yeah the test was absolutely brutal. I was the same, the quiz timed out just as I was moving from Q8 to Q9. Can't actually believe I got offered an interview.

Having done the interview, does anyone know the time-frame for assessment centers? Are they staged before or after Xmas? Any idea of when we'll hear if we've been successful with the VI's?

Anyway, good luck everyone :smile:

I had my interview for SSE thermal on the 19/11 and I just got an invite today to attend a virtual assessment centre slated for 11/12
Original post by Curious_8
I had my interview for SSE thermal on the 19/11 and I just got an invite today to attend a virtual assessment centre slated for 11/12

That's brilliant news. Congratulations, hope you get it!

Still waiting on word from the transmission scheme VI's. If anyone can put me out of my misery, it would be much appreciated :biggrin:
Hello everyone. New on the thread, applied for the Transmission programme.
That's me done with the online presentation and the virtual interview. Has anyone else reached this stage? If so, how did you guys find it? Personally, I've found the final video interview pretty tough, the presentation went alright.
Best of luck!
Hey, I applied for the distribution grad scheme and did both interview and presentation. @wrathofjzargo11did you hear back from them yet? Thanks
Original post by JohnLegencc
Hey, I applied for the distribution grad scheme and did both interview and presentation. @wrathofjzargo11did you hear back from them yet? Thanks

Hey there, I've not heard back from them yet, one of the interviewers said it could take a couple of weeks until HR will let us know of the final outcome. How did you find the final stage?
Original post by wrathofjzargo11
Hey there, I've not heard back from them yet, one of the interviewers said it could take a couple of weeks until HR will let us know of the final outcome. How did you find the final stage?

My interviewer said to expect a call before the 22nd if successful. The interview was alright, the presentation a bit vague imo. wbu?
Original post by JohnLegencc
My interviewer said to expect a call before the 22nd if successful. The interview was alright, the presentation a bit vague imo. wbu?

I found the interview a bit tough, more technical than I thought it was going to be. The presentation went alright but I agree with you, I was expecting more info in the brief but it is what it is now. Best of luck to you :smile:
Original post by wrathofjzargo11
I found the interview a bit tough, more technical than I thought it was going to be. The presentation went alright but I agree with you, I was expecting more info in the brief but it is what it is now. Best of luck to you :smile:

Hi, when did you have your interview?
Original post by ashikm38
Hi, when did you have your interview?

Hi, it was on the 14th. Wbu?
Just wondering if anyone had heard back, either way? I was told those going for transmission would hear by the 23rd at the latest. Good luck everyone.
No, They told me I'll hear back this week ( by Wednesday)
Applied Technology
Reply 34
Anyone from distribution heard back after the final interview? I did mine on the 15th and still waiting
Did not get it, got told the 22nd
Reply 36
yeah I got rejected too unfortunately
I am applying to the same position now. Did you get in?
Original post by Curious_8

Congratulations. Did you finally get in?
I am applying to the same position now. Did you get in?

Quick Reply

Latest