The Student Room Group

Barts and the London (QMUL) A101 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by roseugh
I know ahaha slightly heartbreaking to open it and see the rest. I don’t think we can even go to the prep session unless you lie about still being at school?

I think it just says 'aimed at' (and there's a section on the form to state whether you're a student/teacher/parent/carer) - so you can still go, but they'll be targeting the content at questions re things like the 2 weeks work experience you did in a care home/where you travelled to on your gap year.
Reply 21
Original post by JoeTSR
I think it just says 'aimed at' (and there's a section on the form to state whether you're a student/teacher/parent/carer) - so you can still go, but they'll be targeting the content at questions re things like the 2 weeks work experience you did in a care home/where you travelled to on your gap year.

But there's a but that asks you what year you're I'm and it only has up to year 13 with no other options
I’ve not received this email and I applied to both medicine courses 😅 hopefully not a sign
Reply 23
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
I’ve not received this email and I applied to both medicine courses 😅 hopefully not a sign

Check your spam cos that's where mine went to.
Original post by fumz19
Check your spam cos that's where mine went to.

It wasn’t in there either but has now arrived in my main inbox! :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by fumz19
But there's a but that asks you what year you're I'm and it only has up to year 13 with no other options

Has anyone signed up to it? I don’t really know what to put as like you said we can’t really put our university
Reply 26
Original post by fumz19

Ah, I see what you mean. I think if you just put either 'N/A' or 'graduate' in the school name (perhaps with y9 so it sticks out in their stats so they can update it for future years), that should be fine.
QM determined to give me a heart attack, second email titled "QMUL admissions" then "sorry we cannot offer you a place ON OUR WEBINAR".
Anxiety I tell you
It's SOOOOOOO LOOOOONG!
Anyone know when they’re supposed to start sending out interview invites?
Original post by Oliva43215

"Hopefully by the end of December but if not the first week in January" - from the webinar.

(I don't know why I'm getting so exercised given I'm pretty much guaranteed a rejection - 2840 B2 plus I only have a 2:1 albeit for an Honours degree. Catastrophe!!)
Original post by Oliva43215

I think in an 'application acknowledgement' email SMD admissions sent (dated 14th Oct) - it stated that shortlisted applicants are contacted on December 23rd?
Not sure how accurate this is though???
Original post by carrotmuncher
I think in an 'application acknowledgement' email SMD admissions sent (dated 14th Oct) - it stated that shortlisted applicants are contacted on December 23rd?
Not sure how accurate this is though???

Yeah it does say that but then in the same email states that all formal interview invitations will be sent out between mid-December and early January so idk hahah. I guess between that and what was said at the Webinar we can be sure that it will be early Jan at the latest but there doesn't seem to be a set date.
Got an invite for the 5 year a100 course today. still waiting on the a101! Wonder if its gonna come today too??
Original post by Larapolat
Got an invite for the 5 year a100 course today. still waiting on the a101! Wonder if its gonna come today too??

i’m in the same position as you :smile:
what’s your stats?
Original post by Jaydlily
i’m in the same position as you :smile:
what’s your stats?

2870 b1, 1st class in biochem. Not expecting one for the grad tbh cus My score is at the cutoff for last year
Original post by Larapolat
2870 b1, 1st class in biochem. Not expecting one for the grad tbh cus My score is at the cutoff for last year

oh right! i’m sure you’re still in with a good chance
i’m in a similar position though with 1st class in biomed and 2880
Original post by Jaydlily
oh right! i’m sure you’re still in with a good chance
i’m in a similar position though with 1st class in biomed and 2880

I’m in the same place too… Good luck!
Reply 38
Does anyone know when admissions closes for Christmas? Is this the last day we can expect to hear anything before they re-open next year?
What was the cut off for the 101 last year please ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending