The Student Room Group

friendzoning guys

theres this guy that i used to talk to quite often and we really got along like we'd literally talk for hours until 3am. I think we genuiley did enjoy each others company, at least that's what I like to think. he then asked me if I wanted to do friends with benefits sort of thing with him cos I think he knew I just didn't want a relationship at that time. however, I said no cos I was just not sexually attracted to him. since then we haven't talked much and he hasn't popped up so yeah that's understandable but i cant help it but miss him. i really did like talking to him and really liked him as a friend but because i miss him so much my feelings have become very confused to whether i like him as a friend or more. Should i try talking again? Would it hurt too much for him to just keep talking to me as a friend?
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:
You can message him again, letting him know that you want to stay friends and see him as an unrelated sibling.
But do bear in mind that he may not reply or want to continue the friendship.
Particularly if he is feeling very embarassed at asking about fwb or if he has strong feelings for you that he is trying to move on from.
Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous
theres this guy that i used to talk to quite often and we really got along like we'd literally talk for hours until 3am. I think we genuiley did enjoy each others company, at least that's what I like to think. he then asked me if I wanted to do friends with benefits sort of thing with him cos I think he knew I just didn't want a relationship at that time. however, I said no cos I was just not sexually attracted to him. since then we haven't talked much and he hasn't popped up so yeah that's understandable but i cant help it but miss him. i really did like talking to him and really liked him as a friend but because i miss him so much my feelings have become very confused to whether i like him as a friend or more. Should i try talking again? Would it hurt too much for him to just keep talking to me as a friend?

don't bother with him, sounds like he is in a strop because he couldn't get sex off you

You told him he wasn't good enough for you, so he moved on. That's all fair. No-one has to do anything they don't want. You now want him back so long as you can keep him in his place. He's moved on, but you want everything and on your terms.

You're asking "would it hurt too much for him to just keep talking to you as a friend". Maybe not. But from his point of view, would it hurt you too much to be friends and have sex as well- after all you're the one saying how much you miss him and enjoy his company?

He doesn't want you just as a friend and you do not want him as more than a friend. Therefore, you go on your separate ways and find what you seek in someone else. The rest sounds self-involved to me, your wishes are not the only ones which matter here.
He sounds like he realized he had become ur orbiter and decided not to occupy that space. U told him wat ur limits were and he respected that and moved on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending