The Student Room Group

a level help!!!

my mental health has been restricting me from starting revision, i keep telling myself ill start today ill start today but i never do because i dont have the motivation or energy to do so. its not like ive never done revision, ive always revised little bits everyday but i havent consistently revised and stuck to a timetable, im just really scared i wont achieve the grades because my mental health has stopped me. do you think i have enough time to revise? my predicted grades are A*A*A and i need A*AA i guess i just need reassurance

Scroll to see replies

I suggest trying an award system if you want to revise for set periods of time. Also revising on one topic for half an hour, taking a break for five minutes, then revising something different is a great way to motivate yourself. whenever i do this the busy schedual, gives me time to release stress, but not enugh to overthink.
p.s. You will do great!
Yes, you will ace it dw.

I just get a worksheet and do questions. That works for knowledge. Then I stay after school to do past papers, because I know I won’t stop halfway through to invent a new culinary technique or some ******** like that.

Viola, ez revision.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, you will ace it dw.

I just get a worksheet and do questions. That works for knowledge. Then I stay after school to do past papers, because I know I won’t stop halfway through to invent a new culinary technique or some ******** like that.

Viola, ez revision.

It's a proven scientific method, maybe you wouldn't be so mean with someone trying to help if you weren't being anonymous
Reply 4
Original post by Art3mis03
I suggest trying an award system if you want to revise for set periods of time. Also revising on one topic for half an hour, taking a break for five minutes, then revising something different is a great way to motivate yourself. whenever i do this the busy schedual, gives me time to release stress, but not enugh to overthink.
p.s. You will do great!

thank you
It's a proven scientific method, maybe you wouldn't be so mean with someone trying to help if you weren't being anonymous

Mean?

At what point was I being mean. I simply stated what i do to study.
Its not that easy for most people, especially with anxiety plus "a new culinary technique" is rather rude
Its not that easy for most people, especially with anxiety plus "a new culinary technique" is rather rude

I didn’t mean to be rude, I was just saying instead of procrastinating on something that has no relation to my course, or what I enjoy, I prefer to stay in school. I apologise if you took it wrongly.
Sorry i must admit i was enjoying the conversation , and also ive struggled with the same issue myself, mainly because i like to study everything, so chosing certain subjects and sticking to them is hard for me, i would never have been able to sit down and just do it, but i always tried my best to, i don't fully beleive procrastination is a choice
Reply 9
i’m so nervous :/ boost
also does anyone have any effective revision techniques that can maximise my time ???
boost i tried to revise today and i couldn’t :frown:
my mental health has been restricting me from starting revision, i keep telling myself ill start today ill start today but i never do because i dont have the motivation or energy to do so. its not like ive never done revision, ive always revised little bits everyday but i havent consistently revised and stuck to a timetable, im just really scared i wont achieve the grades because my mental health has stopped me. do you think i have enough time to revise? my predicted grades are A*A*A and i need A*AA i guess i just need reassurance

Make sure you look after yourself and your mental health and try not to be too hard on yourself. There’s still time to revise and honestly it’s never too late until it actually is (I.e once you’ve done your exam). Try and build it into a routine and focus on past papers / working smart. You don’t have to do a lot of revision if mental health isn’t allowing it - work smart.

Best of luck for your exams and if you have any questions about life at university let me know!

All the best,

Teresa (University of Southampton Ambassador)
this is actually embarrassing i haven’t been doing anything. i’m so scared i can’t get myself to study like i’m literally starting to not care about anything anymore but i know i can do better. i think i’m just struggling with what to do atm, like how should i be revising now since exams are in 2 months?

Hey, Sorry you're struggling a little bit but sticking to a timetable doesn't work for everyone and does not mean at all that you will fail your a levels. Sometimes little and often works best but if you really do want to stick to a time table then maybe try a small one first sub has revising for 30mins and then going outside or checking your phone and repeat the process rather than forcing yourself to follow the timetable, this might make it even harder to revise. Something I found helpful was to set goals each day of the topics I wanted to revise and the past papers to do and try to get them done within that day rather than restrict myself to a certain time. You can definitely succeed and have enough time to revise! I believe in you!

Eleanor
-Student Ambassador
thank you everyone for the tips it is greatly appreciated, i must mention though i find it a bit difficult to revise as my desk is occupied with my gaming stuff such as my pc and monitor so i don’t have that much of a huge amount of space to revise from, im not sure how to organise my desk so i can revise ?
Reply 16
thank you everyone for the tips it is greatly appreciated, i must mention though i find it a bit difficult to revise as my desk is occupied with my gaming stuff such as my pc and monitor so i don’t have that much of a huge amount of space to revise from, im not sure how to organise my desk so i can revise ?

You can read a revision book in bed.
Original post by 0le
You can read a revision book in bed.

but it’s not that comfortable and efficient as doing it on a desk
Reply 18
but it’s not that comfortable and efficient as doing it on a desk

This comes across as an excuse rather than an issue with mental health.
Maybe move your gaming stuff so you don’t get distracted and aren’t staring at something more fun while revising, putting it away for a bit may stop you using it as much, getting some revision time

Quick Reply

Latest