The Student Room Group

How many plants do you have in your house?

I would say I have around 25 plants in the house, although some of them have been split into multiple pots and then distributed across the bedrooms.

Who takes cares of the plants the most? Do you ever find them talking to them like they're their own children?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by KA_P
I would say I have around 25 plants in the house, although some of them have been split into multiple pots and then distributed across the bedrooms.

Who takes cares of the plants the most? Do you ever find them talking to them like they're their own children?

Hi

Wow that's so many :biggrin:

I have 0 indoor plants.... I may get some for uni though :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
25?! I don't even have one lol.
I'm a gardener by trade, but have a no plant rule at home. I spend 5-6 hours a day in other peoples gardens as it is, so I have plenty of plants to spend time with.
Original post by TriplexA
Hi

Wow that's so many :biggrin:

I have 0 indoor plants.... I may get some for uni though :smile:

My mum really loves her plants ahaha

Yeah I definitely want to get maybe a few succulents for uni :biggrin:
My kids have been compulsively planting seeds lately. I don't quite know why.
We've currently got 3 in the bathroom, I think there's around 2 in the boys' bedroom, 4 in the kitchen including carrots, babyleaf, and radish, and there's definitely some tomatoes somewhere that they're trying to grow.
5 pot plants that remain indoors.
Some chilli plants and potted herbs that move between the house & the garden several times a day.
I only have one...
quite a few
enough that to know how many I have, I'd have to count :colondollar:
I take care of them
they are essentially my kids :hugs:

2 of them are one old yucca that I sawed in half a few years back when it got too leggy. (i.e. both halves survived)
My cat likes to eat my plants, so I can't have as many as I would like as they need constant supervision, haha. So I have 10 that all hang out together.
Original post by Obolinda
quite a few
enough that to know how many I have, I'd have to count :colondollar:
I take care of them
they are essentially my kids :hugs:

Awww
Original post by londonmyst
5 pot plants that remain indoors.
Some chilli plants and potted herbs that move between the house & the garden several times a day.

Oh wow do you move them in and out for a specific reason? I'm intrigued :biggrin:
We used to have a plant in my uni flat but spiders laid their eggs there so it had to be thrown away :frown:
Original post by hungrysalamander
We used to have a plant in my uni flat but spiders laid their eggs there so it had to be thrown away :frown:

:eek: what plant was it?? That's actually really scary, did they hatch? I hope not 😭
Original post by KA_P
:eek: what plant was it?? That's actually really scary, did they hatch? I hope not 😭

Idk my flatmate bought it. Thankfully we found the eggs before they hatched.
10 pot plants or so.

Used to have a potato plant but the neighbour stole the potatoes.
Have plants in the fish tank but they kind of water themselves I guess, no other plants, have lots of plants in the garden though

Have often babysitted plants for people's on holiday though as I'm seen as a trustworthy person to look after other people's green children
Original post by KA_P

You'll actually find egg clutches of various things in a lot of plant pots if you look :colonhash:
None at present.

Quick Reply

Latest