The Student Room Group

Midwifery waiting list

Hey, so I was successful at interview but I have been put on a waiting list for January and April 23. Apparently I will get a place if one of those who have been offered one reject their offer. Has anyone else had this and how likely am I to get an offer? I don't know how big the waiting list is or where I place on it.
which uni is it for ???????????
I am on the waiting list the adult nursing at Chrischurch university for sept 2022 intake as I applied after the January deadline. They said if the course is full then I will have to apply again for 2023 intake! Is it a common practice to reapply? I feel so deflated of the thought of doing it all over again 😭
Original post by Bimbamban1
I am on the waiting list the adult nursing at Chrischurch university for sept 2022 intake as I applied after the January deadline. They said if the course is full then I will have to apply again for 2023 intake! Is it a common practice to reapply? I feel so deflated of the thought of doing it all over again 😭

Yes it is usually practice for anyone to reapply for any nursing degree courses the following year if unsuccessful.
There's only limited numbers for potential midwifing students at each university throughout the UK.

I have been rejected many many times for adult nursing at each university I applied to and I eventually applied for midwifing but only at one of the only 3 universities in my part ( country) of the UK which makes it harder for potential midwifing students to get in.

I'm now a NHS registered midwife as qualified in 2019.

Sometimes you have to reapply few times but don't give up if you aren't successful, have you thought about doing adult or children nursing as a alternative. As a qualified adult nurse you can still work on maternity wards doing everything but births and you do usually assist with them.
Original post by Tracey_W
Yes it is usually practice for anyone to reapply for any nursing degree courses the following year if unsuccessful.
There's only limited numbers for potential midwifing students at each university throughout the UK.

I have been rejected many many times for adult nursing at each university I applied to and I eventually applied for midwifing but only at one of the only 3 universities in my part ( country) of the UK which makes it harder for potential midwifing students to get in.

I'm now a NHS registered midwife as qualified in 2019.

Sometimes you have to reapply few times but don't give up if you aren't successful, have you thought about doing adult or children nursing as a alternative. As a qualified adult nurse you can still work on maternity wards doing everything but births and you do usually assist with them.

Thank you for sharing your experience and for the encouragement. Yes the course I’ve applied is Adult nursing and I will apply again if rejected
Thank you for sharing your experience and for the encouragement. Yes the course I’ve applied is Adult nursing and I will apply again if rejected

Apologies as I thought you were applying for midwifery and just realised that you are applying for adult nursing.

That's all you can do is keep reapplying until you eventually succeed okay. Each university are allocated XX numbers for the course and the hospital trusts are the ones that allocate the amount of places each year as it's down to the amount of qualified staff at the end of each 3 years of being a student nurse etc.

Are you able perhaps to apply for a part time job with the local hospital as a HCA or auxiliary nurse and use the experience of this towards your application if and only if you aren't successful this year 🙂
No worries. I am actually working in a preschool at the moment. I have thought about getting a job working as a HCA for the time being to increase my chance of getting an unconditional offer too. It’s great that you got to complete your degree and became a qualified midwife. Hope that you are enjoying it 😊
No worries. I am actually working in a preschool at the moment. I have thought about getting a job working as a HCA for the time being to increase my chance of getting an unconditional offer too. It’s great that you got to complete your degree and became a qualified midwife. Hope that you are enjoying it 😊

Hi
It won't do you any harm in doing a HCA job even if you are successful in getting into university this year you can still apply for it. There's also Bank nursing you can do as a student nurse if you chose to okay.

Everything you can do in regards of helping your chances of getting a unconditional offer will be absolutely fine.

Thanks. Yes I am enjoying the job I'm doing as it's a fantastic job to be doing x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending