The Student Room Group

Scared about my breathing but not sure what to do

Had rhinitis (daily symptoms of blocked runny nose all year round). Not sure if allergy is the cause - had allergy tests several times -all negative. Yet it’s managed relitavely ok with nasal steroids and antihistamine tablets.

There is one newish symptom that scares me though - over the past several months at times my nose can feel that swollen/blocked that it causes a tight feeling in my throat. Or my nose can feel clear but a tightness in the nasopharynx(upper throat behind the nostrils) feels tight.

I find it quite disturbing as I always worry that if the same tightness occured in my lower airway I wouldn’t be able to breath. In fact I worry that it will spread to my lower airway as my dad developed asthma in middle age after having polyps when he was younger

I’ve been to the gp/spoken to the ENT in a telephone appointment and I’m awaiting a appointment/camera up in September lol

I’ve been to the gp since this nurse saw me who seemed annoyed, said it’s not urgent and that i’l have it the rest of my life. In fact she asked me if I had covid and that she was clinically vulnerable lol. She did prescribe me a salbutamol inhaler though even though I don’t have asthma (not yet anyway)

As it’s happening quite often (a tight feeling behind my nostrils) even when my nose is clear I just worry that it will impact my breathing all of a sudden

Just wanted to share I guess I’m not sure what advice anyone can really offer. Should I carry the salbutamol inhaler just in case?

Does anyone experience anything similar
Is the inhaler making any difference? If not, you have every right to go back and get yourself checked again
See your GP. Keep a diary of issues etc. Ask to see the ent doctor again.
How many times do you need to post about this?
Original post by black tea
How many times do you need to post about this?

u wont be saying that when theyre on the news for dying bc the nhs rejected them
Original post by Anonymous
u wont be saying that when theyre on the news for dying bc the nhs rejected them

dying from rhinitis? also, where has the NHS rejected them?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by black tea
dying from rhinitis? also, where has the NHS rejected them?

ok not rejected but this person is claiming a nurse basically gave them attitude and said her condition wasn't urgent and not a proper resolution - really im not trying to start smth rn but if u dont want to see this persons posts block them because i find this post very useful as it is raising awareness
Original post by Anonymous
ok not rejected but this person is claiming a nurse basically gave them attitude and said her condition wasn't urgent and not a proper resolution - really im not trying to start smth rn but if u dont want to see this persons posts block them because i find this post very useful as it is raising awareness

OP has complained multiple times about this nurse. I get that they are annoyed but they would be far better off making a complaint to the practice than posting about it here very couple of weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending