The Student Room Group

I still haven't met the guy I'm talking to

We've spoken everyday for 3 months. He moved home from uni a few weeks ago, and we spoke about meeting up when he got back, he lives 5 minutes from me.

At the time I said there was no rush, as I knew he wanted to settle back home with his family and get back into a routine first. I'm still in no rush, however I would like to meet the guy I've been speaking to. I worry that if we meet and it goes bad, I would have wasted a lot of time.

I know he's not a catfish, as he sends me photos and videos and we've video called, and I also know people that know him or know of him.

I want to kind of push us to meet, but I also don't want to seem pushy or pressure him
casually suggest having a drink together. or when you're out, just say I'm here wanna meet?

Original post by Anonymous
We've spoken everyday for 3 months. He moved home from uni a few weeks ago, and we spoke about meeting up when he got back, he lives 5 minutes from me.

At the time I said there was no rush, as I knew he wanted to settle back home with his family and get back into a routine first. I'm still in no rush, however I would like to meet the guy I've been speaking to. I worry that if we meet and it goes bad, I would have wasted a lot of time.

I know he's not a catfish, as he sends me photos and videos and we've video called, and I also know people that know him or know of him.

I want to kind of push us to meet, but I also don't want to seem pushy or pressure him
Definitely meet up. It can’t be a mystery behind the screen forever. What’s the worst that can happen. Chemistry not there? At least you have made a friend 🙂
I don’t want to jump to conclusions… but I agree with this poster, as I find this very odd. I would’ve expected him to say ‘oh I’m back, looking forward to meeting up with you’ or something to that effect.
Original post by fightorflight66
I don’t want to jump to conclusions… but I agree with this poster, as I find this very odd. I would’ve expected him to say ‘oh I’m back, looking forward to meeting up with you’ or something to that effect.

Since he's been back he has said we should meet up. A think about a week after he got back, he suggested that we should go out for dinner but wanted to get the week over with first because he had a busy week. And that was that, it never happened.

I understand I wouldn't be a priority, but it seems he has other plans with other people a lot
Original post by Anonymous
Since he's been back he has said we should meet up. A think about a week after he got back, he suggested that we should go out for dinner but wanted to get the week over with first because he had a busy week. And that was that, it never happened.

I understand I wouldn't be a priority, but it seems he has other plans with other people a lot

I definitely suggest mentioning it again, I know you don’t want to seem like you’re nagging. But if you’ve been talking everyday for 3 months, he should want to meet you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending