The Student Room Group

First ever 'talking stage', he's confusing me :(

I'm in my early 20s but never experienced anything romantic. A few weeks ago I downloaded a dating app and matched with a guy who I actually got on really well with, so we've been talking on Instagram. We had been getting to know each other and talking every day for around two and a half weeks, he was very flirty and complimented me a lot. He even said he's thinking of coming to my city to see me this weekend. However, a couple of days ago he just didn't reply to my message (he liked it instead) and we haven't spoken since then. I don't want to be annoying so I have no plan to try messaging him unless he reaches out, but would you say this is ghosting? He has been online because he's been following and unfollowing people... He follows a lot of other girls and I'm pretty sure he met them in the same place as he met me, so it is possible that he just found someone he likes better but it just felt so abrupt. I would also think if he wanted to ghost me that he'd just block me, but we are still following each other. This whole thing is just confusing to me.
Reply 1
Oh bless you, it's awful isn't it. Definitely would say he's ghosted you. Give it a few weeks and he'll probably pop up again. In the mean time, keep matching and chatting to guys yourself. You may find someone you like even more.
Reply 2
Aren't you ghosting him because you haven't bothered to make contact? Stop with the silly games, pick up the phone and call him!
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Aren't you ghosting him because you haven't bothered to make contact? Stop with the silly games, pick up the phone and call him!

No games here, just caution. Considering he acknowledged I sent him a message by liking it but then never replying, I'm reluctant to just send another message. Seemed like he was indicating the end of the discussion which is fair enough, but if that's the case then surely the pressure shouldn't just be on me to start up chatting again?
Reply 4
Hello hun, it sounds like you like him more than he likes you. If it puts your mind at ease just message him so you kind find out how he feels. You don't wanna kind of stress yourself over nothing lolz
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
No games here, just caution. Considering he acknowledged I sent him a message by liking it but then never replying, I'm reluctant to just send another message. Seemed like he was indicating the end of the discussion which is fair enough, but if that's the case then surely the pressure shouldn't just be on me to start up chatting again?

Good grief, if you think it's 'pressure on you' to talk to someone to arrange a date, why are you even on dating apps? This 'I messaged him this morning so he should be messaging first tomorrow' kind of thing is immature. You're calling it a talking stage, so talk!

Not every message needs a reply. Messages eventually get boring. The best way to get to know someone is to spend time in their company.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending