The Student Room Group

Advice please for my friend

Okay, so I'm doing this cause I'm worried for my friend.

My friend started chatting to this guy that she knew from school but didn't interact with him or anything, only started chatting as he is now at her college but doing a different course but still see him in the corridors.
He lives around the corner from her and her mum has been hinting for her to get with him.

So they only started talking on October 11th (I know that cause she told me, I'm not being weird). And today she said that he's asked her to be his girlfriend, I just feel like it's very sudden like this guy is a guy that goes to the guy everyday. I am happy for her don't get me wrong, but I'm a little worried as they only started talking 2 weeks ago and just don't know if my friend is rushing into it.
She says he is a nice guy, but he could have an ulterior motive..
Reply 1
Just be there for your friend, as obvious as it is, its her choices, but ofcourse you dont want your friend to date someone bad. Have you spotted any red flags in him or is it just the short length of time theyve known each other?
Reply 2
Original post by Dazza07h
Just be there for your friend, as obvious as it is, its her choices, but ofcourse you dont want your friend to date someone bad. Have you spotted any red flags in him or is it just the short length of time theyve known each other?

She doesn't talk in detail about him only that he's a good guy, and she didn't tell her dad that she was messaging/ meeting up with him.
That's another thing so she only met him first time last week, and then met again Sunday and Monday. He has told her to only facetime him around 9 as he has to go to the gym.
I just find it very sudden...
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
She doesn't talk in detail about him only that he's a good guy, and she didn't tell her dad that she was messaging/ meeting up with him.
That's another thing so she only met him first time last week, and then met again Sunday and Monday. He has told her to only facetime him around 9 as he has to go to the gym.
I just find it very sudden...

Sorry realised I didn't answer your question, since she hasn't said much about him only little bits I don't know, but I just feel like how sudden it all is a potential red flag..
Not strange at all, sometimes people click or move quickly and it's not like they're making drastic life choices here.

Like you've said multiple times it's very sudden, so I think you need to explain what you think the reasonable period of time is and why. As said, I don't find it unusual.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending