The Student Room Group

Can I date a muslim girl as a hindu boy?

So I have a crush on a muslim girl and prom is coming soon, I was thinking of asking her for a prom date...I have sat next to her a few times in english and chemistry classes, I have been respectful and never been rude to her or any of her friends from past 2 years. Fast forward to now (few terms later), now that I got different classes to her and haven't really been in touch with her.
Basically I'm a shy guy and never been in any relationship before. I'm thinking of asking her out for a prom date but idk if I can because of difference in religions. Should I go for it? If she happens to say yes, what will happen at that very moment when she says yes? Will I have to go to her house and then go together for the prom or what? I would like some beginners advice if someone accepts a date when I will ask face to face...

Scroll to see replies

Don't let religion come between you, of course you are allowed to ask her. Whether she says yes or not is another matter.
You can date any girl who is willing to go out with you.
Do bear in mind that many religious traditionalists do not date, they prefer arranged marriages to relatives or likeminded coreligionists of very similar family backgrounds.

If the girl is known to have ex bfs or has said that she is hoping to find a bf, talk to her and find out if there is any mutual compatibility and attraction.
Never get angry or offended if a girl has no interest in dating anyone.
Nor if a girl that you are attracted to lets you know that she only dates guys of a particularly age group, nationality, religion or wealth level that rules you out.
Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous
So I have a crush on a muslim girl and prom is coming soon, I was thinking of asking her for a prom date...I have sat next to her a few times in english and chemistry classes, I have been respectful and never been rude to her or any of her friends from past 2 years. Fast forward to now (few terms later), now that I got different classes to her and haven't really been in touch with her.
Basically I'm a shy guy and never been in any relationship before. I'm thinking of asking her out for a prom date but idk if I can because of difference in religions. Should I go for it? If she happens to say yes, what will happen at that very moment when she says yes? Will I have to go to her house and then go together for the prom or what? I would like some beginners advice if someone accepts a date when I will ask face to face...

Depends how you mean date, religious Muslims would never date. Plus if her family is religious just like herself what will they be like? You’ll need to consider that?
(edited 1 year ago)

as a muslim myself, all muslims are different. as she is a muslim girl, if she says yes if u ask her, youll kinda need to discuss if shes comfortable w u coming to her house,,, as many muslim parents wouldnt be proud seeing a boy at their door step,, if their daughter is still unmarried. it would kind of create the wrong impression as muslim parents, from what i know of are protective and strict of their daughters (this depends of each parent as every 1 is diff)

normally, as muslims, we cannot interact with the opposite sex unless necessary - i dont think that it would be a good idea to ask her as she is a muslim, she'll be comitting a sin on her behalf as one does not know what will occur through out the day

dating is also not permissable within the religion
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mohammed_80
Depends how you mean date, religious Muslims would never date. Plus if her family is religious just like herself what will they be like? You’ll need to consider that?

nice reply dude, i agree
Original post by sizzlerb
nice reply dude, i agree

Thanks dude.
as a muslim myself, all muslims are different. as she is a muslim girl, if she says yes if u ask her, youll kinda need to discuss if shes comfortable w u coming to her house,,, as many muslim parents wouldnt be proud seeing a boy at their door step,, if their daughter is still unmarried. it would kind of create the wrong impression as muslim parents, from what i know of are protective and strict of their daughters (this depends of each parent as every 1 is diff)

normally, as muslims, we cannot interact with the opposite sex unless necessary -

Yeah as Muslims we ain’t allowed to be spotted with the opposite sex unless for example acceptable circumstances maybe for work… etc. so prom I don’t think it’s a good idea…
If u wanna b left heartbroken then... lmao. Bro focus on urself ur young, and also if she's a Muslim, there should be a very big chance of her saying no.
Yeah as Muslims we ain’t allowed to be spotted with the opposite sex unless for example acceptable circumstances maybe for work… etc. so prom I don’t think it’s a good idea…

yeah, agreed

If she's religious, then don't bother. Practising Muslims can't be with Hindus. Practising Muslims can't date or go to prom either.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by sufys
If she's religious, then don't bother. Religious Muslims can't be with Hindus.

You're either Muslim or you're not lol, no such thing as a "Religious Muslim", unless u mean Muslim by name.
Original post by sufys
If she's religious, then don't bother. Religious Muslims can't be with Hindus.

Hinduism don’t come under the abrahamic books of people either…
Hinduism don’t come under the abrahamic books of people either…

Yes, Muslim men can only marry other Muslims, Christians and Jews. She's a Muslim girl so it's hopeless.

Original post by Gamstar
You're either Muslim or you're not lol, no such thing as a "Religious Muslim", unless u mean Muslim by name.

You're not wrong.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Gamstar

There is a such thing as religious Muslim it’s like you saying there’s very practicing and not practicing at all…
(edited 1 year ago)

Aside from religion, 'few terms later'? In short, you haven't sat next to her since Year 10. How many times have you spoken this year before you're planning to ask her out to prom?
Original post by sufys
If she's religious, then don't bother. Practising Muslims can't be with Hindus. Practising Muslims can't date or go to prom either.

lmaoo, muslim men are allowed to marry non believing women, but its best for them to marry a woman of the same religion. however muslim women can only marry believing men. well i do believe that muslims can go to prom but not with the opposite sex. they can go enjoy the day with their own set of friends who are the same gender as them. if they think that this day will perhaps cause them to go astray, or to do something within the religion that is not permissible, then they shouldnt go to prom or just stay away from these kind of things.

its easy to get tempted and led astray
(edited 1 year ago)
lmaoo, muslim men are allowed to marry non believing women, but its best for them to marry a woman of the same religion. however muslim women can only marry believing men. well i do believe that muslims can go to prom but not with the opposite sex. they can go enjoy the day with their own set of friends who are the same gender as them. if they think that this day will perhaps cause them to go astray, or to do something within the religion that is not permissible, then they shouldnt go to prom or just stay away from these kind of things.

its easy to get tempted and led astray

No, Muslim men cannot be with polytheists. Nor can they be with a woman who isn't a Muslim, or whose religion fails to fall under the Ahl Al-Kitab (so if the woman isn't a Christian or Jew then it's haram).
Original post by sufys
No, Muslim men cannot be with polytheists. Nor can they be with a woman who isn't a Muslim, or whose religion fails to fall under the Ahl Al-Kitab (so if the woman isn't a Christian or Jew then it's haram).

ty for the guidance
Original post by sufys

Muslims can’t be with idolatress worshippers either .
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending