The Student Room Group

What’s it like when taking your theory test?

What’s the test area like? I’m just an anxious person overall and want to know what to expect about the place.

Is someone going to tell you your results in front of others?

Will there be a lot of people there?

I’m not expecting to pass, I think I need about two more months of studying to pass. I’ll be more confident on my next test I think. Not too bothered about failing since I’m expecting it but I’m always worried when I have to be in new situations that I haven’t experienced before.

What’s it like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you talking about the driving theory test? I actually found it less stressful than expected.

It was in a room in a centre that had other people in sort of cubicles doing their own tests around the border of the room. Headphones were given to block out sound.

After my test I just went to the reception where my results had just printed out and they just folded it and gave it to me. I think they just checked my identity but other than that they had no reaction.

Also, despite there being quite a few other people there, the whole centre was really quiet and no one really spoke to each other.

Good luck in your test!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by upomm1
Are you talking about the driving theory test? I actually found it less stressful than expected.

It was in a room in a centre that had other people in sort of cubicles doing their own tests around the border of the room. Headphones were given to block out sound.

After my test I just went to the reception where my results had just printed out and they just folded it and gave it to me. I think they just checked my identity but other than that they had no reaction.

Good luck in your test!

Yes driving theory test.

Oh that sounds ok. I’ve heard of other people saying they were told their results by someone. That was a bit nerve wracking for me.

Hopefully I pass the second time because I’m not expecting much tomorrow
Reply 3
and how'd it go?
Original post by cersef
and how'd it go?

Of course I failed 😂, but it was expected so I’m not disappointed. I’m really hoping to pass next time and have been working hard towards it… I would be quite upset if I don’t pass next time
Reply 5
great that you’re so motivated for the next one!!
God bless

when do you think your next one would be?
Original post by cersef
great that you’re so motivated for the next one!!
God bless

when do you think your next one would be?

I appreciate the support, thank you. My next test is in August. I did want it to be sooner, in mid July maybe, but the times just didn’t line up with my job. So early August it is, I guess it just gives me more time to prepare.
Original post by Anonymous
Of course I failed 😂, but it was expected so I’m not disappointed. I’m really hoping to pass next time and have been working hard towards it… I would be quite upset if I don’t pass next time

I passed mine 3rd time, its abit of luck with the questions you get asked lol
Reply 8
I appreciate the support, thank you. My next test is in August. I did want it to be sooner, in mid July maybe, but the times just didn’t line up with my job. So early August it is, I guess it just gives me more time to prepare.

Hey, what questions did you get asked?
Original post by 95mcqueen
I passed mine 3rd time, its abit of luck with the questions you get asked lol

Yeah I don’t think I got asked any difficult questions really, I just didn’t study hard enough
Original post by Idk1092
Hey, what questions did you get asked?

Some were things I’ve already been asked on practice questions, a lot of them were familiar. The only thing I wasn’t expecting was the questions they asked after watching a video. So they would play a small clip and ask about the signs and what the next move should be, etc etc. That’s something that’s as entirely new.

I practice using an app called Theory 4 in 1. It’s 5 pounds to use properly but so worth it. I’ve tried to revise before and I’ve always been bored, this is only thing that’s making it bearable. If you’re interested I would recommend using the free version first to see if you like it. Lol soz if this feels like a paid sponsorship 😂 I’m just trying to be helpful
Some were things I’ve already been asked on practice questions, a lot of them were familiar. The only thing I wasn’t expecting was the questions they asked after watching a video. So they would play a small clip and ask about the signs and what the next move should be, etc etc. That’s something that’s as entirely new.

I practice using an app called Theory 4 in 1. It’s 5 pounds to use properly but so worth it. I’ve tried to revise before and I’ve always been bored, this is only thing that’s making it bearable. If you’re interested I would recommend using the free version first to see if you like it. Lol soz if this feels like a paid sponsorship 😂 I’m just trying to be helpful

I’ve been using a website which is https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://mocktheorytest.com/&ved=2ahUKEwjqhq_tvpP2AhXCiVwKHa1FDnYQFnoECC0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0XPLGG2a96-dC7wJvNp-SA , do you think this will help me pass?

If you’re learning from it and getting good results in your mock tests then that’s all you can ask for really :smile:
If you’re learning from it and getting good results in your mock tests then that’s all you can ask for really :smile:

yeah I’ve been getting good results, I have my theory today I am so nervous
Original post by Idk1092

Good luck! I was nervous too, but it was all very straight forward once I was there.
I’m glad I did it even if I didn’t pass. It’s made me
more confident for next time since I know what to expect.
Original post by Idk1092

How did it go?
How did it go?

I passed!! I got 48/50 and 68/75
Original post by Idk1092
I passed!! I got 48/50 and 68/75

Congratulations! You must be so proud of yourself🚙

I can’t wait to get that same feeling 😩
Trust me it’s all over hyped. You just go and sit and do the test. Simple. Just imagine as doing your A level exam but it’s less stressful.
Congratulations! You must be so proud of yourself🚙

I can’t wait to get that same feeling 😩

Thank you so much!! Honestly it feels so good to see the result!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending