The Student Room Group

If you were given £100 right now what would you spend it on?

If you were given £100 right now what would you spend it on? You have to spend it, can't save it - so what would you spend it on? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BurstingBubbles
If you were given £100 right now what would you spend it on? You have to spend it, can't save it - so what would you spend it on? :biggrin:

Clothes!
I have a thing for kinda expensive clothes from this one alternative fashion shop so I’d spend it all there straight away :tongue:
My parents have banned me from buying any more shirts from there though :redface:
Food. :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)
incredibly difficult
maybe uni stuff but I don't even know if im going to uni yet
maybe on a trip to Thorpe park with friends as I'm worried about funding that trip with them! I can travel there comfortably, not worry about bringing food w me, etc

oh yeh and this restaurant/cafe I wanna go to!
(edited 1 year ago)
the OP says you have to spend it! :biggrin:
Motors, pogo pins, wire, bearings, and a new soldering iron.
Very dull, but I need to restock my supplies of tat.
I would buy... yeah, I can't think of anything yet lol.
Original post by RushingRiver
Clothes!
I have a thing for kinda expensive clothes from this one alternative fashion shop so I’d spend it all there straight away :tongue:
My parents have banned me from buying any more shirts from there though :redface:

Haha aww how many items of clothes could you get there for £100? Not many by the sounds of it? :tongue:
Reply 8
Dipped into the overdraft, so I'd pay that off.
I will spend it on buying some index funds. That doesn't count as saving, right?

I might just be able to get a third of a tank of petrol with that :smile:
Haha aww how many items of clothes could you get there for £100? Not many by the sounds of it? :tongue:

Depends on what you get! :smile:
Cheapest shirts are £20 each or two for £30. The most expensive are over £60 each (got a dress that was closer to £70 I think) so nope, not many :tongue:
Original post by mnot
I might just be able to get a third of a tank of petrol with that :smile:

£35 and I couldn't even get a full half a tank of petrol in my tiny i10 the other day. Usually that will *almost* fill up the entire thing...
it would probably just end up going towards rent tbh
Original post by Blue_Cow
£35 and I couldn't even get a full half a tank of petrol in my tiny i10 the other day. Usually that will *almost* fill up the entire thing...

Prices are stupid right now (think it petrol was 188.9 for me this weekend).
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by TriplexA
Food. :biggrin:

Spoiler

Haha me too I think! (Unless I can think of a physical item that I would want to buy, which I can't at the moment). I love going for meals out with friends and family. Or I'd put it towards another experience like tickets somewhere :biggrin:
As George Best said, booze, women and fast cars, and the rest Id just waste.
Though I guess that would be £100 quitd back in the sixties, rather than buying a couple of mars bars today.
(edited 1 year ago)
Print out out loads of depressing memes and post them to all the Tories.
Original post by Obolinda
incredibly difficult
maybe uni stuff but I don't even know if im going to uni yet
maybe on a trip to Thorpe park with friends as I'm worried about funding that trip with them! I can travel there comfortably, not worry about bringing food w me, etc

oh yeh and this restaurant/cafe I wanna go to!

Thorpe park sounds fun :biggrin: I've been to Alton Towers a few times, but not Thorpe park.

Ooh what would you get in the restaurant/cafe? :yum:
Thorpe park sounds fun :biggrin: I've been to Alton Towers a few times, but not Thorpe park.

Ooh what would you get in the restaurant/cafe? :yum:

It's this vegan restaurant and they serve ackee which is this fruit that features in a lot of Caribbean meals so I wanna try that :biggrin: also pistachio and rosewater (the name is something along those lines, lol) cake !

Quick Reply

Latest