Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

St. George's UoL GEM (A101) Applicants 2015 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Please let it be this week

ReputationRep:
    George's rejection is here! Expected that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rejection. Expected though, didn't answer any of the questions well at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They told me if I didn't have my work experience into them by my interview (had everything prepared before losing my bag 2 days before hand) then I was going to get a rejection anyway, not really bothered-said I was using it as practice for swansea haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosser1994)
    They told me if I didn't have my work experience into them by my interview (had everything prepared before losing my bag 2 days before hand) then I was going to get a rejection anyway, not really bothered-said I was using it as practice for swansea haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah that must be super annoying! But you've got the right spirit, good luck with the rest of your application

ReputationRep:
    I got a rejection too, I have to say I am gutted as this is my first ever rejection post-interview. It hurts a lot more knowing they actually met you and didn't like you but I'm going to try and move onwards and upwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitzy93)
    Ah that must be super annoying! But you've got the right spirit, good luck with the rest of your application
    Thanks, still have a Liverpool interview as well!

Not very fond of London personally anyway, finding out that rent was £280 a WEEK kind of helped me decide to go there just as practice :P

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find out? Letter/email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kateamelia)
    I got a rejection too, I have to say I am gutted as this is my first ever rejection post-interview. It hurts a lot more knowing they actually met you and didn't like you but I'm going to try and move onwards and upwards.
    Were these rejections via email or ucas? Or both? And what time? Sorry to hear

ReputationRep:
    Dear applicant

With reference to your recent interview at St George's, University of London we regret to inform you that we will not be offering you a place on the MBBS 4 Medicine course (A101 - 4 year programme). The competition was strong and the standard of candidates was very high so we have only been able to offer places to those with the very highest interview scores – the top 25%.

We are not able to give specific feedback on interview performance. Please refer to the general feedback attached to this e-mail.

We have already drawn up a waiting list for entry to this course and if we have any vacancies we will draw from this pool of candidates. I am afraid that you have not been placed on the waiting list and we cannot add you to it as the candidates on this list have been carefully selected. This course also does not enter the Clearing process. If we have any vacancies before the beginning of term we will draw on candidates who are on our waiting list.

If you are unable to secure a place at a university this year we would consider an application from you for entry in September 2016, without prejudice, if you fulfil the minimum entry requirements laid down in our prospectus and this was your first interview for this course. Every year we have had a number of students who have come back to us for interview and some (but not all) have improved greatly and are subsequently offered a place. However, we will only allow candidates two attempts at interview. If this was your second interview then you should not apply for this course again. The 2016 prospectus will be available in March 2015. We cannot, of course, predict the outcome of any future application.

We are sorry that this is disappointing news and wish you all success with your other choices of university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceciafb)
    Were these rejections via email or ucas? Or both? And what time? Sorry to hear
    Via email, around ten minutes ago.

ReputationRep:
    Via email, around ten minutes ago.
    I mean i've got my rejection based on not having the submitted work experience sheets, so I think we are in the first batch?
    So other people may be in the maybe pile.

ReputationRep:
    That's the best you can do! Good luck with the rest

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if they are sending letters for unsuccessful applicants all in one go or in batches? I think the stress of constantly checking my emails just about might kill me.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if they are sending letters for unsuccessful applicants all in one go or in batches? I think the stress of constantly checking my emails just about might kill me.
    Yeah I just nearly had a heart attack when I was checking mine

ReputationRep:
    Offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just found out I've been wait listed, low likelihood of getting an offer right? Oh well I thought it went horrendous on the day so not surprised

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God, I've not got an email but I feel sick waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceciafb)
    Just found out I've been wait listed, low likelihood of getting an offer right? Oh well I thought it went horrendous on the day so not surprised
    Wait listing is hard - don't you have to accept that you will 100% take the place, even if they don't offer it to you up until late summer?

I think if (IF) i was ever in that situation, I'd defer my Exeter place, and accept the waiting list. I want SGUL the most, so I'd be willing to wait.

GAH

ReputationRep:
    That's the best you can do! Good luck with the rest
    I had three of those last year. Three medical school panels looked me in the eye and said - 'you're ****e, get out'.

This year I have one offer so far, so that's nice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.