Declaring Grades on UCAS FAQ

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heisenberg97)
    I have a problem. My school is one of the (very) few that doesn't certificate AS Levels unless you drop them, so how do I go on about declaring the 2 units i'm retaking? So for the only way I think I can do this is by leaving the modules as pending on my A level grades.
    My school also doesn't certificate and on top of this they do not allow any more than 3 subjects at A2, and they have changed the a levels to a "mixed economy", which means that I only sat 1 AS and that was maths. Unfortunately Got my grades yesterday and I got a B, but I had been predicted an A. My plan had been just to state my A grade in my personal statement but once now I can't.

I am applying for law which is already very competitive and my first choice is Oxford. I am worried that they will look down on my silence about my AS, as well as the fact that I can only do 3 subjects. I was taking maths chem history and English. Now I am dropping chem ( most likely) because I had an awful year and learnt almost nothing from a new teacher ( who has now been fired thankfully after only one year). If I had felt more confident about Chem. I would have kept it without hesitating ( bc it used to be my best subject) in order to raise my academic status to compensate. However it was just unbearable and I lost a lot of confidence because it feels awful to do badly in your best areas.

Luckily I have 12 A* at GCSE to lean on, so I hope it is clear that AS maths was a bit of a fluke for me if they ever ask specifically. I am feeling really low about this, and I'm worried it might also affect my predicted grades too. I'm feeling totally lost right now, and I've just had a terrible year, and I so desperately want to go to Oxford in October 2017 and start a fresh journey without the baggage of regrets, retakes or post-application. Does anyone have any advice at all??

Should I keep chem as well as retake? Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I took edexcel IALs and for the unit results, the grade A was printed infront of units even when the UMS was over 90% instead of A*(as they say, the theoretical A* boundry is published but it is not given as a result for each unit on the result sheet).
    So would it be fine if I enter the UMS on my UCAS application instead of the grade for the units?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I have a quick question. If you sat an AS this year but continue with the full new spec linear A Level, does your AS get cancelled?

do you still have to put in on UCAS?

Is there even such method such as cancelling your exam grade for a subject?

Please answer,

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hkw23)
    Hey guys,

I have a quick question. If you sat an AS this year but continue with the full new spec linear A Level, does your AS get cancelled?

do you still have to put in on UCAS?

Is there even such method such as cancelling your exam grade for a subject?

Please answer,

thanks!
    You still declare it. It's up to the universities to decide if it's important or not. If you have continued the subject to full A-level most universities won't be interested in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    You still declare it. It's up to the universities to decide if it's imprtant or not. If you have continued the subject to full A-level most universities won't be interested in it.
    oh okay. thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have a history AS grade but due to reforms we have to sit the history exam in full again (incl. these AS exams) next year. I got an A this year and need to put this on my application bt there is no option for History A in AS (only at A2). Should I put the AS grades under history or is there a different way I should fill in this result?

ReputationRep:
    If I have done 7 maths modules, including C3 and C4, would I list 6 under Mathematics A level and the FP1 under a separate Further Maths A level, bearing in mind they have not been cashed in and will be after I complete five more modules next year? Also do I list the module mark or just the grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I resat AS with different subjects minus one, do I HAVE TOO declare the two AS' that I took last year? even though they are D grades, not relevant to the course I'm applying too, I did not like them and more

I want to apply for UCL, Bath(Too far thou), Surrey, Kent (I don't wanna go; too far) and Queen Mary's. Mainly UCL and I don't want to put off UCL...I WANNA GOOOOOOOO

Also I'm fast tracking a few a levels, how do I declare them in UCAS, I don't have any grades to give...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyMidnight)
    I resat AS with different subjects minus one, do I HAVE TOO declare the two AS' that I took last year? even though they are D grades, not relevant to the course I'm applying too, I did not like them and more

I want to apply for UCL, Bath(Too far thou), Surrey, Kent (I don't wanna go; too far) and Queen Mary's. Mainly UCL and I don't want to put off UCL...I WANNA GOOOOOOOO

Also I'm fast tracking a few a levels, how do I declare them in UCAS, I don't have any grades to give...
    You have to declare all exams for which you have results, and not to do so is regarded as fraudulent. You put down any exams to be taken in the future as pending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    You have to declare all exams for which you have results, and not to do so is regarded as fraudulent. You put down any exams to be taken in the future as pending.
    What do I do if this puts off UCL?

ReputationRep:
    Do I also put my grades received or predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    What do I do if this puts off UCL?
    Be glad that you didn't withhold it, go to UCL and get your place taken from you when they found out. Universities regard fraudulent applications more seriously than a low grade on one.

ReputationRep:
    Do I also put my grades received or predicted grades?
    Received grades go in the exam section that you fill in. Predicted grades come from your teachers and go in the reference.

ReputationRep:
    Be glad that you didn't withhold it, go to UCL and get your place taken from you when they found out. Universities regard fraudulent applications more seriously than a low grade on one.
    So it wouldn't put them off?
    As I really need to go to a uni near home and to be at a uni I like, which UCL meets

ReputationRep:
    So it wouldn't put them off?
    As I really need to go to a uni near home and to be at a uni I like, which UCL meets
    It depends on what your application is like and whether you fit the profile of what they are looking for.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what your application is like and whether you fit the profile of what they are looking for.
    Got DDDB last year and this year I got DDEB, I'm on the new A-level reforms and my predicted grades are CCC, as the B is from AS and A-Level Media, I also am predicted B/A/A* for Biology and Chemistry.
    Which is why I wanted to avoid adding them, my grades are bs :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know me stupid, I just didn't want UCL to know...now they will :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Got DDDB last year and this year I got DDEB, I'm on the new A-level reforms and my predicted grades are CCC, as the B is from AS and A-Level Media, I also am predicted B/A/A* for Biology and Chemistry.
    Which is why I wanted to avoid adding them, my grades are bs :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know me stupid, I just didn't want UCL to know...now they will :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
    I'm a bit confused as to how your grades and predictions relate to each other. CCC is a fair set of predictions from both sets of results, but I don't know where the B/A/A* comes in. I fear they won't make you a competitive applicant for UCL, but one high risk choice won't be too much as long as you are really realistic about the other 4.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused as to how your grades and predictions relate to each other. CCC is a fair set of predictions from both sets of results, but I don't know where the B/A/A* comes in. I fear they won't make you a competitive applicant for UCL, but one high risk choice won't be too much as long as you are really realistic about the other 4.
    I do five a levels.
    been told that I've been predicted between b-a* for bio and Chem

and that Sociology, Psychology, and English would be predicted CCC, I've been told if I prove myself before the UCAS deadline they will increase it but that is it....:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Aww man I'm fudge..looks like I will be taking a permanent gap year....:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry::cry::cry::cry:

ReputationRep:
    I do five a levels.
    been told that I've been predicted between b-a* for bio and Chem

and that Sociology, Psychology, and English would be predicted CCC, I've been told if I prove myself before the UCAS deadline they will increase it but that is it....:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
    I am also confused. Can you start again...

What are your AS subjects and grades? Either in public exams or end of year mocks.

And what are your A-level subjects and predictions?

And which course are you considering at UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.