Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well, to update my previous answer, this year I got 3 books, a box of chocolates and a dvd, so 5. Unless you include the stocking presents, in which case it was another dvd, another box of chocolates, a puzzle, and a box of bath stuff.

I hope everyone had a great christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wooley_mammoth)
    Well I dont usually get many. I got more this year from my parents though as its the first christmas I havent lived at home and my mums spoilt me abit haha.

This year I got 3 expensive presents (£10 - 30) each and about 10-15 little stocking fillers that cost less than £5 each (most of them about a pound haha) which were stuff like earrings, make up, sweets, socks that kind of things.

I don't expect lots of things from my parents at christmas I just enjoy the day for what it is (a time for family) and I like to buy presents for my parents that are filled with thought.
    Probably her way of saying she'll buy you more presents if you stay away haha.

ReputationRep:
    30-40...are you serious? I get 1, maybe 2 max, and those are just small things. Birthdays are occasionally bigger items, like a watch. I'm always amazed at how people say they get "birthday money" in the realms of £100+. Maybe I'd get £10/20. It's not like I'm from a poor family, that's just the way it's always been and it's actually quite nice.

ReputationRep:
    none?

ReputationRep:
    I got the gift of life from them. Its damn priceless. I am eternally grateful to have such a great family. that is enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    :troll:

ReputationRep:
    none just food and shelter 4 me

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the only one who got 0 presents, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack06)
    :troll:
    :rolleyes: yeah i'm a troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    30-40...are you serious? I get 1, maybe 2 max, and those are just small things. Birthdays are occasionally bigger items, like a watch. I'm always amazed at how people say they get "birthday money" in the realms of £100+. Maybe I'd get £10/20. It's not like I'm from a poor family, that's just the way it's always been and it's actually quite nice.
    And that sounds bizarre to me. I didn't realise that is what some people received - not that there is anything wrong with that but still, I was ignorant.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    So, this year from my mam for my birthday (which is 5 days before Christmas) I got £20 in a card, and some flowers, and an antique vase/jug (for the flowers), and a scratch card (which I didn't win anything on).

for Christmas from my mam I got : a top, a scarf, a second-hand game of chess, and a dvd of the nativity story

from my dad for my birthday I got £30

from my dad for Christmas I got £40

do u get 30-40 small presents like books, dvds, toiletries or big stuff like ipods, laptops, tv's?

i don't know i usually get one big present (this year i got a new macbook) and then some small ones like dvds, clothes and perfumes.

ReputationRep:
      Does the actual number of presents you get really matter?

You may get 40 or so presents, but if your a spoilt *****, your going to hell.

LOLZ.

ReputationRep:
        Quite a few. I do often have a 'main' present though. I got around 20 pressies from my parents this year.

ReputationRep:
        30-40??? I wouldn't want that many presents really Oo

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
        So i've been talking to a few people (teens like myself (19), and they say on average at Christmas they get like 10-12 gifts from the parents Which i'm a little shocked at, because I usually get between 30 and 40 (I thought this was normal) :confused:

So are they just not as spoilt, or is it about normal?

How many do you guys get? I'm curious now! It's not something I considered before.

Wow, who knew people could be so negative! :rolleyes:
        What the bloody ****!?

40 presents!? I get 10 if I'm very lucky (that includes stocking fillers like socks). And we ain't poor.

So i've been talking to a few people (teens like myself (19), and they say on average at Christmas they get like 10-12 gifts from the parents Which i'm a little shocked at, because I usually get between 30 and 40 (I thought this was normal) :confused:

How many do you guys get? I'm curious now! It's not something I considered before.

how old are you?

ReputationRep:

About ten, but we don't have much money, so it could be different for other people. Plus my birthday's in January, but I don't really ask for much in the first place.

I wouldn't know what to do with thirty or forty.

it's not about quantity, it's about quality . and the intention counts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
          Useful resources
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.