The Student Room Group

How many pressies do your parents give you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by wooley_mammoth
Well I dont usually get many. I got more this year from my parents though as its the first christmas I havent lived at home and my mums spoilt me abit haha.

This year I got 3 expensive presents (£10 - 30) each and about 10-15 little stocking fillers that cost less than £5 each (most of them about a pound haha) which were stuff like earrings, make up, sweets, socks that kind of things.

I don't expect lots of things from my parents at christmas I just enjoy the day for what it is (a time for family) and I like to buy presents for my parents that are filled with thought.

Probably her way of saying she'll buy you more presents if you stay away haha.
Reply 361
30-40...are you serious? I get 1, maybe 2 max, and those are just small things. Birthdays are occasionally bigger items, like a watch. I'm always amazed at how people say they get "birthday money" in the realms of £100+. Maybe I'd get £10/20. It's not like I'm from a poor family, that's just the way it's always been and it's actually quite nice.
Reply 362
none?
I got the gift of life from them. Its damn priceless. I am eternally grateful to have such a great family. that is enough for me.
Reply 364
:troll:
none :frown: just food and shelter 4 me
Reply 366
I'm not the only one who got 0 presents, right?
Original post by jack06
:troll:

:rolleyes: yeah i'm a troll.
Original post by glance
30-40...are you serious? I get 1, maybe 2 max, and those are just small things. Birthdays are occasionally bigger items, like a watch. I'm always amazed at how people say they get "birthday money" in the realms of £100+. Maybe I'd get £10/20. It's not like I'm from a poor family, that's just the way it's always been and it's actually quite nice.

And that sounds bizarre to me. I didn't realise that is what some people received - not that there is anything wrong with that :smile: but still, I was ignorant.
So, this year from my mam for my birthday (which is 5 days before Christmas) I got £20 in a card, and some flowers, and an antique vase/jug (for the flowers), and a scratch card (which I didn't win anything on).

for Christmas from my mam I got : a top, a scarf, a second-hand game of chess, and a dvd of the nativity story

from my dad for my birthday I got £30

from my dad for Christmas I got £40
do u get 30-40 small presents like books, dvds, toiletries or big stuff like ipods, laptops, tv's?

i don't know i usually get one big present (this year i got a new macbook) and then some small ones like dvds, clothes and perfumes.
Does the actual number of presents you get really matter?

You may get 40 or so presents, but if your a spoilt bitch, your going to hell.
LOLZ.
Quite a few. I do often have a 'main' present though. I got around 20 pressies from my parents this year.
Reply 374
30-40??? I wouldn't want that many presents really Oo
Original post by CookieDoughLove
So i've been talking to a few people (teens like myself (19), and they say on average at Christmas they get like 10-12 gifts from the parents Which i'm a little shocked at, because I usually get between 30 and 40 (I thought this was normal) :confused:

So are they just not as spoilt, or is it about normal?

How many do you guys get? I'm curious now! It's not something I considered before.

Wow, who knew people could be so negative! :rolleyes:

What the bloody ****!?

40 presents!? I get 10 if I'm very lucky (that includes stocking fillers like socks). And we ain't poor.
(edited 13 years ago)
So i've been talking to a few people (teens like myself (19), and they say on average at Christmas they get like 10-12 gifts from the parents Which i'm a little shocked at, because I usually get between 30 and 40 (I thought this was normal) :confused:

How many do you guys get? I'm curious now! It's not something I considered before.

how old are you?

About ten, but we don't have much money, so it could be different for other people. Plus my birthday's in January, but I don't really ask for much in the first place.

I wouldn't know what to do with thirty or forty.
it's not about quantity, it's about quality . and the intention counts.
Reply 379
Well maybe their presents are bigger than yours! For our last birthdays, I got about 10 presents and my friend got 2. Hers were a car and petrol money for a year. You can rest assured a LOT more was spent on her than it was me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending