The Student Room Group

Does lifting weights make a girl unattractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeluxeJ
Girls with 6 packs are also off-putting.

I have a female FWB who has a six pack and I think she looks INCREDIBLE.

Actually I've found that six packs in real life tend to not stick out too much, they look that way in photographs sometimes because of the lighting (side lighting makes any definition stick out), but in real life it's just a smooth, toned look that you can only really see during movement. For both guys and girls, actually.
Being strong is awesome. I admire any girl who lifts be it just to keep fit or even to body build. I see so many girls who lift and I wish I had a body like theirs. Nice legs and ass from squatting, and toned arms.. It's a shame there is a lot of odd stigma attached to it for women.
Reply 22
Original post by wildbluesun
I have a female FWB who has a six pack and I think she looks INCREDIBLE.

Actually I've found that six packs in real life tend to not stick out too much, they look that way in photographs sometimes because of the lighting (side lighting makes any definition stick out), but in real life it's just a smooth, toned look that you can only really see during movement. For both guys and girls, actually.

I dislike it. girls with muscles isn't a good look. Paula Radcliffe comes to mind with her 4 pack. :K:
Reply 23
There's a line to be drawn; girls who exercise and take care of their bodies are attractive, however excessive weight training to get 'ripped' is a real turn off, at least for me. By the sound of it, you are the first, so don't worry about it!
Original post by DeluxeJ
I dislike it. girls with muscles isn't a good look. Paula Radcliffe comes to mind with her 4 pack. :K:

It looks really different in photographs to in real life. Have you seen a muscled woman in real life? (I take it all back if you have. :P)

Like this guy, Joel Hicks:
515a783f24656.jpg
Looks impossibly ripped in photographs, but in real life he just looks bulky, with taut skin; you can't see the musculature unless the light's right. (I've worked with him.)
Reply 25
Girls who lift are hot, especially those who squat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by DeluxeJ
Yes, it kind of does. No man want's a girl who can bench-press more than he can.

How on earth would that be possible unless a guy didn't play any kind of sport/was really weak? In that case it's the guy's fault for being lazy and undisciplined, not mine. It's mainly the skinny geeky guys I know who have such a big problem with me lifting TBH :tongue:

AreebWithAHat
Also already on the first page people are saying as long as they don't look inhuman or as long as they're not too big. You people do understand that girls do not have the testosterone in their bodies to get really muscular? The big bodybuilder women you see on TV etc are taking steroids. Girls can get strong but not big.

Exactly, I'm definitely not "ripped". A lot of people thinking I'm joking or exaggerating when I tell them Iift. :smile:

hughsey
Girls who lift are hot, especially those who squat

Dem barbell squats :biggrin:
Jessica Biel... that is all
Original post by DeluxeJ
Yes, it kind of does. No man want's a girl who can bench-press more than he can.

Original post by Anonymous
How on earth would that be possible unless a guy didn't play any kind of sport/was really weak? In that case it's the guy's fault for being lazy and undisciplined, not mine. It's mainly the skinny geeky guys I know who have such a big problem with me lifting TBH :tongue:

Exactly. This would only happen if you're a massive pussy.
If you have twitter,take a look at Emma-Storey Gordon, she is hot and she lifts :smile: she is also ripped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollymasm
Weight training makes fat loss a lot faster, and gives an amazing, but still womanly physique.
To get a body like Jodie Marsh would take some serious steroids and training.
tumblr_mlymwu4Ici1ry39wlo1_1280.jpg

Unless people think this physique is too 'manly'?

No. As a general rule, I generally prefer girls not to have protruding abs

Original post by sheldorofazaroth
If you have twitter,take a look at Emma-Storey Gordon, she is hot and she lifts
:smile: she is also ripped

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on your taste I guess. I personally don't think she is
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Michaelj
The ones who are mega muscular are not attractive, no. The ones who are athletic and toned can be, yes.

This is what I meant with my first post, I'll admit I said it pretty bluntly though.
Reply 32
Yeah, look at Madonna, LOL.

Women can't really bulk up, unless they consciously take protein supplements like those athletes; kelly holmes. You need testosterone to bulk up like a man.

Type female body builder in google
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending