The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2014

Scroll to see replies

Any other cov students? Heres a facebook group for the 2014 entry
https://m.facebook.com/groups/689091761154368/permalink/695914797138731/
Reply 381
Got my offer from LJMU this morning so happy!!!
Reply 382
Original post by R77ngy
anyone had an offer from Edge Hill, Preston or Liverpool yet??

Declined from edge hill, still waiting for Preston. Have you heard anything yet?
Reply 383
Original post by Y2ynot88
Declined from edge hill, still waiting for Preston. Have you heard anything yet?

I got declined from Preston a couple of weeks ago, I got an offer on Tuesday from Liverpool, and still waiting on edgehill (got a general email a couple of weeks ago stating they were hoping to make decisions and offer places w/c 28th April).

Suppose you not hearing from Preston is a positive sign :smile:
Reply 384
Original post by R77ngy
I got declined from Preston a couple of weeks ago, I got an offer on Tuesday from Liverpool, and still waiting on edgehill (got a general email a couple of weeks ago stating they were hoping to make decisions and offer places w/c 28th April).

Suppose you not hearing from Preston is a positive sign :smile:

Congratulations on getting a place at Liverpool. I got declined from edge hill a few weeks ago so hopefully it's going to be a positive outcome for you!
Thanks for your reply, I'll keep my fingers crossed for Preston!
Anyone heard from staffs? Got an interview invite on tuesday for next wednesday- short notice much!? Anyway ive requested another date via the portal as i cant get out of work with such little notice. I know the deadline is approaching and as i havent heard bk im a lil worried 😯
Reply 386
Original post by StartingToPanic
Anyone heard from staffs? Got an interview invite on tuesday for next wednesday- short notice much!? Anyway ive requested another date via the portal as i cant get out of work with such little notice. I know the deadline is approaching and as i havent heard bk im a lil worried ������

Hey, not sure how it works with staffs but i'd give them a call to chase up your date change request. I know with the Preston interviews even though ucas stated you could request a date change they we're very strict themselves. I rang to see if I could change mine and they said No if you cant make it then we will have to reject your application and they only gave 6days notice. Could be different with Staffs though. Being the end of April though I suspect they must be at there very last interview date
Original post by R77ngy
Hey, not sure how it works with staffs but i'd give them a call to chase up your date change request. I know with the Preston interviews even though ucas stated you could request a date change they we're very strict themselves. I rang to see if I could change mine and they said No if you cant make it then we will have to reject your application and they only gave 6days notice. Could be different with Staffs though. Being the end of April though I suspect they must be at there very last interview date

Yeah i think id better call them. And cross my fingers!
Thanks.
Did anyone else get the email from portsmouth yesterday? I'm now thinking i might head there
Reply 389
I've been fortunate enough to be accepted at Edge Hill via ucas. Has anybody received an email from the University yet?

Also does somebody know if it is just the C1 provisional licence required or the full? In the course literature all I can see is provisional so I may be confusing myself with another course.

Best of luck to those still waiting and congratulations to those who have got accepted so far.
Reply 390
For those who are heading to Portsmouth in September, I have created a FB group, heres the link :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1507305912824543/
Conditional offer for staffs pending interview 20th june! :-D anyone else? X
Hey there just a quick one! Im looking to get on a paramedic science course on leaving the army but will have to do an access course. Wondering if anyone has any info or could offer me some guidance on courses or just anything to do with mature student entry!
Cheers!
I'm just completing my access to health proffesions course. I'm also a mature student. I emailed the university's I was interested in before choosing access course to see what would be best route. I've been offered university place's on my first year of applying.
Also what level of first aid did you do in the army? Where you a combat medic? If so you may be able to apply straight to university? Again in email to university explain level of experience from army they may allow you to apply direct. Only say this as was an ex rm on one of my university open days and he was allowed to apply direct. Also have you been on combat operations? This will show how you can deal with very stressful situations which paramedic need to deal with but obviously in a different setting.
Hope this helps and good luck.
im still waiting for Birmingham to reply for even an interview this is getting ridiculous.
Original post by Ashleyf1990
im still waiting for Birmingham to reply for even an interview this is getting ridiculous.

I'm withdrawing tomorrow had enough of waiting for them now. Every time I phoned them last couple of months I had same answer of ' you will get a reply in two weeks'.
Original post by adriantaff
I'm just completing my access to health proffesions course. I'm also a mature student. I emailed the university's I was interested in before choosing access course to see what would be best route. I've been offered university place's on my first year of applying.
Also what level of first aid did you do in the army? Where you a combat medic? If so you may be able to apply straight to university? Again in email to university explain level of experience from army they may allow you to apply direct. Only say this as was an ex rm on one of my university open days and he was allowed to apply direct. Also have you been on combat operations? This will show how you can deal with very stressful situations which paramedic need to deal with but obviously in a different setting.
Hope this helps and good luck.

ahh cheers mate helpful stuff, i think i will e-mail unis to see which type of access they want, unfortunatley just a basic level of battlefield casualty stuff but it's not much of a drama for me as im quite looking forward to the access to help me get back into the education side of things (essays etc)

Have been on tour yes so that sure will play a part in my personal statement :smile: anyway, thanks for the advice!
Anyone heard from bcu???
I had an interview there on Friday. Apparently the person who deals with the applications has been off ill so they're behind with processing applications. I think they said they were interviewing again this Wednesday. Might be worth giving them a call.
Original post by 29ch1952
I had an interview there on Friday. Apparently the person who deals with the applications has been off ill so they're behind with processing applications. I think they said they were interviewing again this Wednesday. Might be worth giving them a call.

Thank you ;-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending